Credit Card EQM question

Old Jun 11, 09, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Credit Card EQM question

I have had my MP Platinum card for several years now and was wondering about EQM earning. I am not talking about the 1 off bonuses like the first 5k and the 5k per $35,000 in a calendar year. I am talking about the 1 EQM per $1 spent on United.com tickets. When does that post and is there any indication when it does?
Old Jun 11, 09, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by N1120A View Post
When does that post and is there any indication when it does?
Mine have always posted at the end of the billing cycle following the one containing the charge. So, with my billing cycle, a charge made in May will post on 22 June. The only indication is that your EQM balance goes up.
Old Jun 11, 09, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Mine have always posted at the end of the billing cycle following the one containing the charge. So, with my billing cycle, a charge made in May will post on 22 June. The only indication is that your EQM balance goes up.
I am seeing the RDMs posting on my billing cycle, but the EQMs are not reflected. Any reason?
Old Jun 11, 09, 8:37 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
I am seeing the RDMs posting on my billing cycle, but the EQMs are not reflected.
As I said above, the EQM post the month after.
Old Jun 11, 09, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Same issue, at least with some older ones I see.
Old Jun 11, 09, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It's already been noted, but in case it's not clear. If your UA charge is on a statement dated May 20, the EQM will not post until after the June 20 statement.
Old Jun 11, 09, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leech27 View Post
It's already been noted, but in case it's not clear. If your UA charge is on a statement dated May 20, the EQM will not post until after the June 20 statement.
Right. I get that. The issue is that when I compare my EQMs to my purchases from 2 and 3 billing cycles ago, I don't see a posting.
Old Jun 11, 09, 9:10 pm

when I compare my EQMs to my purchases from 2 and 3 billing cycles ago, I don't see a posting.
If you can't reconcile the EQM, call MP for an itemized listing of EQM, then use Chase's online secure messaging system (do not call) and have them investigate.
Old Jun 11, 09, 9:26 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Right. I get that. The issue is that when I compare my EQMs to my purchases from 2 and 3 billing cycles ago, I don't see a posting.
There is no visible "posting" that itemizes your EQMs, neither on your MP statement nor on your Chase MP VISA statement. The only thing that will happen is your EQM YTD balance will increase.
Old Jun 12, 09, 12:33 am
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Diplomatico View Post
There is no visible "posting" that itemizes your EQMs, neither on your MP statement nor on your Chase MP VISA statement. The only thing that will happen is your EQM YTD balance will increase.
I do wish that they would show you how they've done it instead of having to "trust" them to do it....gets a bit confusing...it would be very easy for them to split it out on the statement. i.e. BIS miles, DEQM miles, Chase EQMs..etc. I guess they'd rather make us work to figure it out..
Old Jun 12, 09, 12:45 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
I'm with N1120A - I've had this card for 2 years and I've never been able to figure when/if EQM are posted. I've done a careful count this year, and although I've just passed the 50K mark, I can account for those miles with butt in seat and not a single Chase Card mile has been posted that I can decipher.
Old Jun 12, 09, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
As I've noted in other threads, my EQMs have posted like clockwork on or on the day after the closing date of the biilling cycle after the one in which I made the purchases. It would be interesting to determine why it is different for certain cardholders.
Old Jun 12, 09, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
I am seeing the RDMs posting on my billing cycle, but the EQMs are not reflected. Any reason?
Last year a bunch of us weren't getting EQMs posted, and a note to Chase cleared it up.

YMMV. I've had them post the month after, the month of, and even a few days after, well before the credit card bill is received.

In OP's case, it appears his EQMs aren't posting. The thing to be certain about is whether these were done completely on united.com or was agent intervention needed.
Old Jun 12, 09, 9:38 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
If contacting Chase, the private messaging system is the best way to resolve EQM and any other credit card posting issues.
Old Jun 12, 09, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 2P
I've followed mine pretty closely this year. I spent $15K in the first two months on .bomb, well over the $5K and still have not gotten the full 5K EQMs.

The funny thing is, last month I was 1369 EQM off the 5K and after my Visa miles posted I'm only 795 EQM off now I thinking they missed the something in the first month.

I'm not too concerned, I will most likely spend the extra 795 by year end and with the DEQM program I'm well over the 100K needed, but shooting for 125K. If I'm 795 off, I WILL call LOL.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: