Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F to Honolulu...any good?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AirlineGuru
By the way, I found a cool site called www.seatguru.com that is helpful in pointing out which seats on each airline's particular aircraft are best and worst in terms of comfort, location, etc.

In Delta's 767 first-class cabins, the website says that the first-class seats are "...standard first-class seats for this aircraft, but poor compared to other planes."

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm curious.
While I prefer seatguru.com you can use seatexpert.com for a second opinion.

As for how the Delta F seat compares, go to seatguru.com and look at "Comparison Charts"
Old Sep 1, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: United, American, Delta, Northwest, Continental, US Airways, Southwest, BMI
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
While I prefer seatguru.com you can use seatexpert.com for a second opinion.

As for how the Delta F seat compares, go to seatguru.com and look at "Comparison Charts"
Thank you...one question, though...on seatguru.com's comparison charts for domestic first class, is Hawaii included? American mostly flies 767-300s to Hawaii, but the website seems to only show info on American's 767-200s.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by BamaGirl
I'm a Delta flyer, who can't handle the thought of another trip to Hawaii on their product. I've been reading this Forum for tips. I have two flights coming up. One to HNL, and then another to OGG (both from LAS). It's been noted here that the preferred type of plane is the 777, which I will book for the HNL trip. I didn't see any flights on those to OGG. So, I',m looking at 767 service on that trip. I will be flying F. Is there any advantage service/meal/delay-wise that would make any particular 'day part' better than another. I'd appreciate any advice you care to share. Thanks. (And I'm really looking forward to giving the mai tais a try )
UA34/35 is the 777 flight to/from Maui, but it's seasonal. During the slower periods, they usually swap in a 767. It usually leaves SFO around 9AM and usually leaves OGG sometime between 12:30PM and 1:30PM

-David
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Thank you...one question, though...on seatguru.com's comparison charts for domestic first class, is Hawaii included? American mostly flies 767-300s to Hawaii, but the website seems to only show info on American's 767-200s.
Have another look.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame...ng_767-300.php

Watch out for AA 757-200s with standard domestic first seats. These operate on some west coast-Hawaii routes.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
No more mai tais. Just returned 9/3 and it is over. No pretzels, no biscoti in econ. Looks like first class got snack boxes for lunch. Yikes.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:03 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, AC SE, UA 1K, IC Plat A
By the way, I found a cool site called www.seatguru.com that is helpful in pointing out which seats on each airline's particular aircraft are best and worst in terms of comfort, location, etc.

In Delta's 767 first-class cabins, the website says that the first-class seats are "...standard first-class seats for this aircraft, but poor compared to other planes."

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm curious.
please keep in mind that the seatguru doesn't get update all the time. What you see in seatguru might not reflect the actual configuration. However, i would say 90% of the time is correct.

The delta 767 delta first class cabin is comparable to united first, but better i found in terms of leg space and chair recline.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Karen2
Looks like first class got snack boxes for lunch. Yikes.
Give me a break.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by g7mcmug
The delta 767 delta first class cabin is comparable to united first, but better i found in terms of leg space and chair recline.
I'm not sure where you got that impression. DL runs their 767-400s to HI, and they have the absolute worst F cabin of any domestic wide body in either DL or UA's fleet, with especially poor pitch and recline (the pilot rest seats notwithstanding). About the only thing those sardine cans have going for them is IFE.

For those wanting to know more, I suggest heading over to the DL forum and searching---this is a constant source of much kvetching.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
No more mai tais. Just returned 9/3 and it is over. No pretzels, no biscoti in econ. Looks like first class got snack boxes for lunch. Yikes.
Oh man i was hoping it would be just one more week, going out to OGG on 9/11.

I sure hope we get a propper meal for the 4:50 Flight from LAX.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 6:52 am

Looks like first class got snack boxes for lunch. Yikes.
Looks like?

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 5, 2008 at 7:08 am
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:04 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
425pm UA, SFO-HNL 10/9/08

Took this flt yesterday and will write up a short & sweet report later today: will place it in trip reports as per usual... :-)

let me say one thing: I miss the Mai Tais...

ps- i am usually a middle section seat guy, but last night, I was comfy in 6J, lots of recline and quiet!

mahalo nui loa
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:24 am

Hello Sir,

Great to hear you had a good flight. I'm taking the earlier flight out to HNL on the 30th. How were the loads? Was First completely full? Did you purchase F or upgrade? Did you use a CR1? Op-up? e500? And when did they confirm?

Just tryin to see my chances of upgrade at the end of the month.

Sorry for all the questions, haha

Brent
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Brent~

First checked in full. I had a heap of e-500s, so that is how I supported my upgrade.

I truly find the loads always high. I mean, prior to boarding, they were asking for volunteers due to an oversold flight.

It would have been a confirmed coach ticket on AA the next morning, and if you were a resident of Hawaii: one would get $600 in vouchers.

I fly this route roughly 5x a year, and believe me, 1st is always full.

Even though I am a lowly Prem. Exec. my upgrades usually always clear in the 72 hour window.

Patrick
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:38 am

Yea, that's what I was afraid of. I'm only Prem Assoc. with aspirations to make premier by the new year. I want to start doing mileage runs next year to get some more premiums.

I have a sponsored CR1 from a 1k and I'm waitlisted right now from SFO-HNL on UA75 ... I'm not too confident in my upgrade possibilities though.

Brent
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by USAF_O1
Yea, that's what I was afraid of. I'm only Prem Assoc. with aspirations to make premier by the new year. I want to start doing mileage runs next year to get some more premiums.

I have a sponsored CR1 from a 1k and I'm waitlisted right now from SFO-HNL on UA75 ... I'm not too confident in my upgrade possibilities though.

Brent
1. Realize that Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) reset to zero on Jan 1. You need 25k EQM by 12/31/08 for Premier

2. The sponsored CR1 allows you to ride the 1k's coat tails and be on the PA waitlist until about 12 hours before flight. If you have not cleared you are on your own 3P steam at that point.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.