Community
Wiki Posts
Search

online booking with UAL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2001, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

online booking with UAL

I have been trying to find fares using IAD as a connection city from SFO and haven't found any flights with IAD as a connection. IS there a trick when using UAL.com to finding certain city matches? I have tried all reasonable options (specific flight times, having the computer show 20 flights per leg, etc....) I also called web support and they told me that they sometimes don't have certain cities as connections and to call reservations. Any suggestions or experiences?

Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 2:00 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
That's interesting...IAD keeps coming up on all sorts of flights from Sacramento. Where are you headed?
Old Sep 4, 2001, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

I am flying to Atlanta, the most obvious connecting points are Chicago and Denver. I have even tried to fly out of Oakland with no connection options being offered through IAD.

Thanks again.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
try doing your own "multi=city" itin. - ua.com often doesn't come up with available or "best" routing - ohhh I miss uacxn
Old Sep 4, 2001, 4:44 pm

Does SFO-IAD-ATL count as a backtracking itinerary given DEN and ORD being more obvious choices?

*HighFlyah*

------------------
"To Fly High, Fly and STAY *UNITED* - that's the only way to do it."
Old Sep 4, 2001, 5:55 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by annabanana:
I am flying to Atlanta, the most obvious connecting points are Chicago and Denver. I have even tried to fly out of Oakland with no connection options being offered through IAD.... </font>
The fares rules, for example, for WE14ONQ3
list this -- no IAD (this is from Expedia,
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...ovr=2001081203 )

ROUTING 35 FROM SFO-UA-ONT/LAX-UA-BOI/GEG/LAS/
PHX/RNO/SMF/SLC/SJC/SBA/FAT/SNA/SAN/
ONT/BUR/TUS/LAX/OAK-UA-DEN-UA-
OR FROM SFO-UA-ONT/LAX-UA-SBA/FAT/SNA/
SAN/ONT/BUR/TUS/LAX-UA-DEN-UA-
OR FROM SFO-UA-PDX-UA-SEA-UA-PDX-UA-
EUG/BOI/GEG/LAS/RNO/SMF/SLC/SJC/PHX-UA-
DEN-UA-
VIA MSP/OMA/DSM/MKC/STL/MSN/MKE/
COS/DFW/CID/ICT/LNK/OKC/TUL/MLI/IND/

Old Sep 4, 2001, 7:05 pm

Several times this year I have connected to Atlanta at IAD (from SJC)... mind you I was taking a Red Eye out that isn't there any more (did anyone else notice the 9:40pm SJC - IAD has disappeared?).

If you are looking for the late night specials there are several flights from SFO to IAD, at 10 and later... Are you telling it a time of day to fly or just listing "Anytime", ual.com tends to give you the most obvious connections when you list "anytime", but gives you more options when you tell it your approximate connecting time...

In fact I just asked it for a flight on Tuesday 9/25 at 11:00pm and the fiurst thing it gave me was the 10:05pm IAD connecting with an arrival around 9:00am in Atlanta. For a12:00 noon return Sunday the 30th it gave me (amongst other things) a 12:55pm IAD getting into SFO around 6:00pm, and that all priced out to $359 and change.

So it can and does do it. You probably want to travel at different times of day than I do... but that's the best way to get more information displayed, tell it what time of day and you'll get more options within the time frame.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 7:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
For the Atlanta to SFO leg:

UA 1906 to IAD at 10:30 to 12:25
Then UA 199 to SFO, 13:10 to 15:40

or

UA 1954 to IAD 12:55 to 14:38
Then UA 215 to SFO, 15:25 to 17:38

From SFO to ATL

UA 206 to IAD at 22:55 to 605
Then UA 1901 from 7:00 to 8:45

or same first leg
then UA 1903 to ATl 940 to 11:06

or

UA 198 to IAD 23:59 to 7:52
Then 1903 as above

Or for real fun

UA 2063 to LA 18:30 to 19:59
Then UA 202 to IAD 2220 to 605
Then 1901 as above

All were found at the UAL.com site just playing with morning/evening/afternoon times (afternoon for the first set, evening for the last set, all random October dates) and always displaying 20 flights. There is an evening return that stops at IAD too, but you get the idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.