Wiki Posts
Search

held itin question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL
Question held itin question

A few days ago I put an itin on hold on UA.com. As usual it showed up in My Itineraries as an on hold itin (shown separate from all ticketed itins). somehow the itin changed from being shown as on hold to being shown as confirmed and is now not listed separate from my already purchased itins anymore. it is however not ticketed.

the hold should have expired two days ago, yet I can still access the itin and change seats. the thing is I am now contemplating purchasing this itin but I am now within the advance purchase window of the fare I had put on hold. Does anybody have any experience with this? can someone explain what happened here? any guesses/knowledge as to whether I'll still be able to purchase this itin?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by germansoks
A few days ago I put an itin on hold on UA.com. As usual it showed up in My Itineraries as an on hold itin (shown separate from all ticketed itins). somehow the itin changed from being shown as on hold to being shown as confirmed and is now not listed separate from my already purchased itins anymore. it is however not ticketed.

the hold should have expired two days ago, yet I can still access the itin and change seats. the thing is I am now contemplating purchasing this itin but I am now within the advance purchase window of the fare I had put on hold. Does anybody have any experience with this? can someone explain what happened here? any guesses/knowledge as to whether I'll still be able to purchase this itin?
From my experience when you would click on the Purchase button some message in RED will appear( ie. Fare unavailable, lower price found , or something else ) Just try it. You do not have to complete the purchase..
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I got an incoming phone call (voicemail) from united.com support once regarding one of my held itineraries. The agent said he was in the process of ticketing my reservation, but there was no credit card info.

He was correct -- there was no credit card info -- because I had definitely not requested to purchase the reservation. I never called back, and the held itin disappeared as it was supposed to after the hold expired.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by germansoks

I have no experience with this, as all of my holds seem to expire at the time they say they will. However, my guess, and its just a guess, is that if there is a "purchase" button you can press, doing so would either result in a message in red saying something like the itinerary can not be found or can't be ticketed, or there is a problem processing your request, please contact reservations for further info. Or, it will allow you to ticket the itinerary, but will check the price first, and will charge you the current fare in your class, if available. If that means you are now under a new advance purchase, the new, higher fare will be offered to you.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: Car seems to be the mode of transport these days. I do not miss all the travel
held itin question

I've had itineraries cancel earlier than they are supposed due to the fact that they cancelled on the Korea time vs the US time .. tech support reinstated them, even if the fare bucket was gone.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL
still not sure what or how it happened but i received an email today with the following msg:

"We were unable to issue your ticket's for reservation no XXXXXX due to Credit card validation issue."
now I have two more days to ticket it. the original hold should have expired 3days ago. very strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.