FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - held itin question
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:23 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by germansoks
A few days ago I put an itin on hold on UA.com. As usual it showed up in My Itineraries as an on hold itin (shown separate from all ticketed itins). somehow the itin changed from being shown as on hold to being shown as confirmed and is now not listed separate from my already purchased itins anymore. it is however not ticketed.

the hold should have expired two days ago, yet I can still access the itin and change seats. the thing is I am now contemplating purchasing this itin but I am now within the advance purchase window of the fare I had put on hold. Does anybody have any experience with this? can someone explain what happened here? any guesses/knowledge as to whether I'll still be able to purchase this itin?
I have no experience with this, as all of my holds seem to expire at the time they say they will. However, my guess, and its just a guess, is that if there is a "purchase" button you can press, doing so would either result in a message in red saying something like the itinerary can not be found or can't be ticketed, or there is a problem processing your request, please contact reservations for further info. Or, it will allow you to ticket the itinerary, but will check the price first, and will charge you the current fare in your class, if available. If that means you are now under a new advance purchase, the new, higher fare will be offered to you.