Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

ualsurvey.com - Have you done it - Do you care ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ualsurvey.com - Have you done it - Do you care ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:57 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Yes, the question shouldn't be "do we care" but "do THEY care?"
+1

Yes, I keep completing them, but have never had any form of a reply.

I subscribe to the theory that the survey allows pax to complain without UA having to deal with complaints on an individual basis (posted on one of the many other ualsurvey threads). However, it usually reminds me that my flight was late, my bag was lost and my seat was broken, so I end up e-mailing a complaint anyway.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 5:02 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
They have stopped e-mailing you about the survey, but if you look at your mileage summary, there is the yellow highlighted box at the "earning miles" section that had the link to ualsurvey.com

I always fill it out. It gives me the opportunity to comment on the little things (channel 9 being available, a great or mediocre FA or GA) and make comments on improvements (GA incapable of boarding properly, dirty aircraft).

I hope they are listening, because I use it as a tool to help United improve the quality of their services. I tend to go into detail, since I believe that the more information they have, the better equipped they are to deal with the issues I bring up.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I do it for maybe 30% of my trips. Like others, I feel like I am providing feedback to a wall, no response, no indication that feedback was received/read/processed in any way. I think most of the questions and way they are set up is fairly useless. I went out of the way to do it for a flight where they forced a gate check of my bag as I cleared last second and was last person on packed flight and the subsequent ridixulously long wait time before the luggage was retrieved.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I typically remember to do it after either exceptional service (thus, in addition to giving GTEMs) or after truly unexceptional service. I forget to do it when flights are unremarkable as by the time I am back home or at a destination I have 8 trillion other things to do!
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
I do it on about 50% of my flights mainly to encourage UA to keep channel 9 available (a vastly under-rated perk IMO) and to question why the priority bag tags don't seem to work for domestic flights (except for PS).
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
My feedback to UA would be

GIVE US FEEDBACK!

I filled out every one of these last year, and even when I had serious problems with the flight, I never got any response. Now I will just email CS, it's an easier way to get no response
Old Apr 1, 2009, 8:49 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I quit over a year ago. With >120 segments last year, it just became a pain. If I were to get 50-100 RDM for each time filling out the survey, I probably would have filled it out each time.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 2.2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Exec, Hertz President's Club, Starwood Gold
I used to do them after every flight, but I stopped bothering. No feedback, and the incentive is pretty weak (1x prize per quarter)
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
In the beginning, Yes, I filled out all the survey, since I didn't see any sorts of reply, I had stopped doing it for a while, make no sense at all. And I don't really believe if one is gonig to win the miles either, unless they at least post who is winning !
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
In the beginning, Yes, I filled out all the survey, since I didn't see any sorts of reply, I had stopped doing it for a while, make no sense at all. And I don't really believe if one is gonig to win the miles either, unless they at least post who is winning !
They actually do post the winner's name. I just filled mine out for my last trip and saw that Maureen H. of Alexandria, VA was the winner for the quarter ending 12/31/08.

As for weak incentive, perhaps to 1P+ flyers, but it's quite a nice chunk of miles for general members and even 2Ps, for whom it could take almost 2 years to acquire 100k RDM through flying alone.

Also, the standard survey takes maybe a minute or two. It's the extended survey that takes a while.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1.78MM, AAdvantage, Skymiles
I fill out the survey about 95% of the time. It’s rare for me to forget, but it does happen on occasion.

I use the opportunity to talk about anything that strikes me as being unusual, as well as stuff that just bothers me. A suitcase without a Priority tag emerged before mine. Does LAX management know about an invention called soap? Kudos to the GA for throwing the Seating 3 pax out of the red carpet line. The pilot has a great PA voice; maybe he might consider recording audio books when he retires from UA. The passenger in the next seat was rude to the FA when complaining about the air vent not working. Et cetera.

Unlike some of the other posters, I actually do NOT expect a response when I complain about something. The brokerage firm where I was formerly employed used to mail out surveys to customers on a regular basis. While it was rare for anyone from the firm to contact a customer about negative responses on a survey, the company did use the results internally for influencing employee reviews and such.

As for the recent encouragement to fill out the surveys, my theory is that United hasn’t been receiving enough of them for the information to be statistically significant.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
OP, yes, I fill out the survey... and yes, I care, if only because I am (perhaps stupidly) optimistic that my comments will actually do some good. I usually encourage other members of my family to fill it out, as well, but I don't know whether they do.

That said, if UA really wants to encourage people to fill it out, they should offer something other than a very-long-odds sweepstakes once per quarter... say a better-odds monthly sweeps, a weekly sweeps, or even a guaranteed small number of miles (e.g. 50-100) for filling it out with thoughtful comments.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 3:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by cepheid
That said, if UA really wants to encourage people to fill it out, they should offer something other than a very-long-odds sweepstakes once per quarter... say a better-odds monthly sweeps, a weekly sweeps, or even a guaranteed small number of miles (e.g. 50-100) for filling it out with thoughtful comments.
Wisdom. I'd consider it for 50 miles; I'd not consider it for a long-odds sweeps.
Anyhow, if there's anything I think UA needs to know, my comments go to
the Voice.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by treyrox
I wonder how many of these surveys get filled out? For me personally I'd rather see a one page survey with a half dozen empty boxes. Each one could have a question and then I'd actually say something. Clicking a bunch of radio buttons over the course of a dozen pages has turned me off from filling them out.
Bingo, clicking through a couple dozen pages instead of 1-2 pages with all the questions is insanely annoying. I did my first survey a couple months ago, and it took forever just to do it for one flight. Never again until there's an incentive(aside from a sweeps entry) or the format changes.

Where's the survey where I can complain about the survey?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
I'm pretty sure that the survey is the only reason I got a $200 customer service cert last year for a broken IFE on LHR-LAX. I was too tired to bother with telling the FA and slept the whole flight.

Personally, I've gotten over the prospect of 100,000 RDM's as it seems like a snowball's-chance-in-hell of winning. I only fill them them out now if something was bad or if something was exceptionally good, in which case I usually email 1KVoice and CS directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.