Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

ualsurvey.com - Have you done it - Do you care ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles

Talking to my station manager today.....He said we should really encourage our passengers to fill out the survey......It really does give United a good indication of our service levels at the airport, counters and gates. I'm sure many of you are aware of it ?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Probably have been doing the survey for 50% of my flights in the last year but I have wondered if it has any impact. Never heard back about any issues.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 31, 2009 at 10:11 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:06 pm

I did it back a couple years ago. I think it was new or I they really starting printing the URL everywhere.

I haven't done it since. If I have an issue I e-mail 1P voice. If I have a good FA I give him/her a GTEM certificate.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
the first time i received the invitation to fill out the survey, last september, i went to the link and it didnt work. i went back a few days later and it still didnt work. after that it wasnt important to me anymore
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's been a year or two since I've bothered.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
I have done a couple.

However, I found them quite pointless. Once when I filled it our for Y, it asked all sorts of questions regarding service. Then, when I filled one for F, it was done and over with in 3-5 questions.

Wats up with that?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bsb21
Wats up with that?
Believe there is a short version and a longer version --occansionally I have been asked to take the longer version. Only did once -- its too long.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:21 pm

Programs: nobody
I think once you answer "extremely dissatisfy" they will give you the long version. At least that's what happened to me when I answer the meal quality for my LHR-SFO trip in C earlier this year.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
I always fill out the survey. As a lowly 2P, I see it as an obligation that comes with the territory. Actually, I figure that the time I don't fill out the survey is the time I could have won the 100,000 miles. I'm also waiting for there to be any response to what I've written, anything at all. So far, zilch, including times when I've had multiple delayed flights that cost me quite a few extra $$$ in order to make further connections.

Besides, it's amusing to fill out four, five or six surveys for a single trip (for each segment) and have to answer four, five or six times whether I'd recommend United to someone else. As if my opinion would change four, five or six times throughout the trip.

I wonder if UA realizes that survey results may be skewed towards favorability since, if you had issues, you're asked to take a much longer and more-detailed survey?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Yes, the question shouldn't be "do we care" but "do THEY care?"
I've never seen any follow up from this survey, short or long version. I now only bother when I've got a very good or bad experience to report--like passing on the comment that with recent changes, UA is now objectively the worst of any carrier in economy on the route I fly. I will no longer pick an old 747 over a new 320 just for the fun of flying a widebody, and that's the only thing left that they offer.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I fill it out for every flight. My opinion is that you should either put up, or shut up...if I am going to voice my opinion here, I owe it to UA to let them know what I think, too. If they don't know what they are doing right/wrong, how can they change? Yes, they should be monitoring FT and reading our comments here, but for those not on FT, this provides another avenue for customers to voice their opinions. That said, if the only thing that UA puts stock in is the survey, then that is just short-sighted. There is plenty of FREE, thoughtful, wise feedback here on FT, but then, maybe I'm biased...

I also would like to see responses to the issues that are brought up on the survey. I at least give UA credit for listening, or at least making it appear that they are...
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I used to fill out the survey for every trip when UA first started doing the surveys by sending email reminder for me to fill out the survey after each trip. Now maybe I fill out the survey for 50% of my flights, but then I noticed that I am not getting email reminders from UA for each trip anymore either.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:46 am

Programs: HH Gold, UA 1P
I fill it out after every trip. Someone is gonna win the miles and it may as well be me.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
I always fill them out. At first, it was for the chance to win the miles. Now that I have more miles than I can use, it's more about the chance to improve the service.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I wonder how many of these surveys get filled out? For me personally I'd rather see a one page survey with a half dozen empty boxes. Each one could have a question and then I'd actually say something. Clicking a bunch of radio buttons over the course of a dozen pages has turned me off from filling them out.
Yes I know there is a comment section, but by the time I get to it I am usually over it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.