Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Type B voucher + customer service (dollarua)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Type B voucher + customer service (dollarua)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009, 8:53 pm
Suspended

the aa vouchers are GREAT. just like cash, and you get residual value. it's so easy to use. i have heard though if you use them either by phone or at the airport you get charged the ticketing fee? i'm not sure cuz i was exp, so no fees for us. but other than that they were SO much easier to use than ua.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:42 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
the aa vouchers are GREAT. just like cash, and you get residual value. it's so easy to use. i have heard though if you use them either by phone or at the airport you get charged the ticketing fee? i'm not sure cuz i was exp, so no fees for us. but other than that they were SO much easier to use than ua.
You are right that AA would ding you with ticketing fees for using vouchers at the airport if you are lower or non-elite. This essentially devalues the voucher by $25 (or probably more by now).

LAX
Old Mar 26, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Is it possible to combine residual credit from a canceled ticket with a type B voucher (from a refare)?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Just wanted to followup on this.

I went to ORD to use my Type B from refares (2 of them) along with a PMO-DOLLARUA $300 customer service, and had no issue at all.

No questions, nothing.

Paid $.20 for the ticket (which I put on PremierPass Elite for the miles
Old Mar 26, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
what about the customer things they email you and vouchers?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
Is it possible to combine residual credit from a canceled ticket with a type B voucher (from a refare)?
You should be able to, since both are below-the-line (i.e. "forms of payment"). I've never tried, but I'm reasonably confident that you can combine them.

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
what about the customer things they email you and vouchers?
Most vouchers issued for disservice are Type A, and you can combine a single Type A with multiple Type Bs unless the Type B vouchers specifically say otherwise (e.g. VDB vouchers). If you receive a Type AB, it may or may not be combinable depending on the agent. Electronic certificates are never combinable (officially) because they must be booked online and e-cert-applied reservations cannot be held.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
thnks....i have abunch of e certs, trying to get rid of them
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
thnks....i have abunch of e certs, trying to get rid of them
Yeah, I can understand. As I said, not combinable. But, e-certs are totally transferable, so you can use them for other people's bookings or you can give the code to other people for their own use. In that way, they are much easier than paper vouchers.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
So LAX or anybody else:

I'm planning to use a PMO/DollarUA for an upcoming itin. UA will not charge me for the phone/in-person ticketing fees? Is that common knowledge or do i have to argue with the ticketing agent?

thanks!
-G

Originally Posted by LAX
You are right that AA would ding you with ticketing fees for using vouchers at the airport if you are lower or non-elite. This essentially devalues the voucher by $25 (or probably more by now).

LAX
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by gya007
I'm planning to use a PMO/DollarUA for an upcoming itin. UA will not charge me for the phone/in-person ticketing fees? Is that common knowledge or do i have to argue with the ticketing agent?
It should be common knowledge, and it's also in the voucher profile (S*PMO/DOLLARUA) which the agent can access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.