Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Now earn 40,000 bonus miles plus up to 15,000 EQM, any better offers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now earn 40,000 bonus miles plus up to 15,000 EQM, any better offers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
RE: Confirm 40K CC Deal

I cannot find any confirmation that you are indeed offered 40K in RDM per the direct link to the application. The United.com website also has no indication of the deal other than the 30K RDM and potential for 15K EQM.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 2:41 am

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Remember, chase will only waive the first $60 of the $140 annual fee for 1ks opening new accounts.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
has anyone gotten the card with this offer?

I like the idea of the terms of the OP's offer 40,000 RDM, EQM via ticket purchase, annual spend, etc. But I also don't like filling out an application without seeing the bonus offer discussed on a connected webpage.

Anyone get this card with the 40,000 mile offer in the start of the thread?

And can I get this offer if I already have a regular United Visa Signature? Hard to know without seeing the page with the offer.

thanks
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I got a targeted 50K RDM offer last year with the standard MP Visa Signature. I got the full 50K after my first purchase, and the only drawback was that I had to pay the annual fee. I'm pretty young, and that was my first credit card, so from what you're saying about your five-year-old getting that offer, it sounds like being ineligible/barely eligible for credit cards is usually a good way to get offered a huge bonus.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: UAL 1P, SPG Platinum
I almost pulled the trigger then realized the fee won't be waived in the 1st year - esp for us 1Ps. Any deals where the 1st year is waived?
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by steve53178
I almost pulled the trigger then realized the fee won't be waived in the 1st year - esp for us 1Ps. Any deals where the 1st year is waived?
I think the price of the card is worth the EQM's you earn. That sure is a lot of BIS time you can avoid
Old Mar 23, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by steve53178
Any deals where the 1st year is waived?
I have never seen any offers for the Platinum Visa (that earns EQMs) with a first-year fee waiver. I've only seen that for the regular Signature card. IMHO, if you need the 5K EQMs to make a status level, the $140 could be worth it, assuming you have $140 to spend.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
I pulled the trigger on the same offer the OP posted about. I got myself a card and a duplicate for my wife so we can both tag team the earning. Cards just came this past weekend and we've already surpassed the $250 mark, but no miles have posted yet (not that I'm expecting them to that quickly).

I agree with others that the annual fee is worth the RDM/EQM earned.
Old May 15, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
drummingcraig, Did your miles ever post?

Bumping this up - the direct link is still valid, but still no link to the offer page (or connecting link).
Old May 16, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by jonman21
drummingcraig, Did your miles ever post?

Bumping this up - the direct link is still valid, but still no link to the offer page (or connecting link).
Yup, they posted about a month after I got the card and started using it. The 40k was lumped in with the first batch of reward miles I had earned.

Also worth pointing out that the 40k bonus DOES count as "Choice Miles". I wasn't 100% sure that they would, but right off the bat I had enough "choices" to buy a $450 ticket if needed. ^
Old May 16, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
FYI, when I signed up for the promo through the link, the Chase system didn't register it as the 40K/15K offer, and only had me down for the normal 30K/10K offer. I had to talk w/ a supervisor and send in the original offer email to get the 40K/15K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.