Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining miles to get my wife on

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Combining miles to get my wife on

Sorry if this has been answered a million times...I searched but am a bit of a noob here.

1. My friend has 40000 miles willing to 'give'
2. I have 15000 miles

I want to combine to get 55000 so my wife can travel with me to Europe.

Can I pay to transfer 15000 mile to my friend's account (pay $0.015 per mile plus $35), and then have my friend purchase the ticket for my wife with her total miles?

Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:17 pm

15,000 is the maximum transfer limit per year.

Originally Posted by hbeardave
Sorry if this has been answered a million times...I searched but am a bit of a noob here.

1. My friend has 40000 miles willing to 'give'
2. I have 15000 miles

I want to combine to get 55000 so my wife can travel with me to Europe.

Can I pay to transfer 15000 mile to my friend's account (pay $0.015 per mile plus $35), and then have my friend purchase the ticket for my wife with her total miles?

Thanks
Yes.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Can someone clarify how the different last name issue affects getting the ticket...I read somewhere that if you use your miles for someone else, someone with the last name of the 'giver' has to be there when the 'receiver' gets the ticket.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT, hbeardave

If the award ticket purchase is made online, there will be no problems due to different last names. If done on the phone (which may be neccessary for certain award tickets) the "owner" of the miles needs to "certifiy" the arrangement by going in person (hopefully while at the airport anyways) and signing a form (search for "bluey") for the agent.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 27, 2009 at 11:51 pm Reason: typo "bluey"
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:35 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
... (search for "bluely") ...
Good advice but that search won't get it. Try "bluey."
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by abmj-jr
Good advice but that search won't get it. Try "bluey."
Arggh, due to my typing skills, I live & die by spell checker ... good for all but FT lingo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.