Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Is 1:15 Enough Time Connecting from Terminal 3 to International Terminal at SFO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is 1:15 Enough Time Connecting from Terminal 3 to International Terminal at SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC

I'm flying next month from ORD to PEK and, for some reason, on the date on which I plan to travel, WSTKL fares on the direct flight are all sold out. Taking V doubles the entire fare (round trip). So my alternative is to connect at SFO. Do you think 1hr 15 min is enough time to go from Terminal 3 to the International Terminal? If I miss the connection, do I have to stay in SFO for a night?

United 0137
Depart: ORD 7:04
Arrive: SFO 9:42 Non-stop

<<< connecting to >>>
United 0889
Depart: SFO 11:00
Arrive: PEK 14:35
Arrives next day
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
If your flight is on-time this is way more than enough time. A new bridge just opened which connects T3 to the Int'l terminal, and it is 10-ish minute walk. So even if you arrive up to 30-40 minutes late, you'll be fine.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by AGSF
If your flight is on-time this is way more than enough time. A new bridge just opened which connects T3 to the Int'l terminal, and it is 10-ish minute walk. So even if you arrive up to 30-40 minutes late, you'll be fine.
+1 - more than enough time.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
And enough time to stop along the way and look out over the tarmac and watch the planes.....or stop off and have a drink before you board!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA1K, AAPlat, SPG-G
You will have plenty of time particularly if your flight from Chicago gets into Gate 73-75!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:16 pm
RJ

How about Intl to Domestic at SFO?

Originally Posted by naumank
I'm flying next month from ORD to PEK and, for some reason, on the date on which I plan to travel, WSTKL fares on the direct flight are all sold out. Taking V doubles the entire fare (round trip). So my alternative is to connect at SFO. Do you think 1hr 15 min is enough time to go from Terminal 3 to the International Terminal? If I miss the connection, do I have to stay in SFO for a night?

United 0137
Depart: ORD 7:04
Arrive: SFO 9:42 Non-stop

<<< connecting to >>>
United 0889
Depart: SFO 11:00
Arrive: PEK 14:35
Arrives next day

How about this Intl to Domestic connection:

UA 888 Depart: PEK 12:00pm Arrive: SFO 8:42AM
connecting to:
UA 858 Depart: SFO 10:15AM Arrive: LAX 11:44AM

I booked this ticket some time ago, and at the time I had just shy of 2 hours between flights, but now after many schedule changes, I am down to about an hour and a half.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I think so, even with checked luggage. There are a plethora of SFO-LAX flights if you do misconnet.

See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-intl-dom.html

for additional information.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:38 pm
RJ

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I think so, even with checked luggage. There are a plethora of SFO-LAX flights if you do misconnet.

See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-intl-dom.html

for additional information.
Thanks, that is a helpful thread. I did a search but for some reason it didn't come up. I am flying C so hopefully I'll be first off the plane, which should help.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 1:21 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Sounds iffy to me

Here's the deal. If you try this it'll be a foggy day and your plane will be late coming in, and the PEK will leave on time. You will miss it. If you plan to arrive in SFO earlier or the night before, you will see your planned flight come in on time and the passengers on it will have tons of time to make PEK. I have had this dilemma a ton of times from EUG or PDX via SFO to NRT. I end up going down the night before (no extra charge as it is less than 24 hours in SFO) and having dinner with friends and no early start the next morning. This is the real problem with SFO. You never know if it is a one or a two runway airport. Good luck either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.