Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great UA customer service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2001, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Great UA customer service

I wish this were the rule rather than the exception, but I just got some excellent CS from UA.

As I have posted on this board before (and I would have simply updated the old thread if I had been able to find it), my company recently transferred me from Indy to Chicago. Until today, I was holding one remaining super cheapie ticket CVG-SFO that I did not think I would be able to use. Since the fare was $125 and the change fee $75 (pre-change fee hike), I thought I was sitting on about $50 of value to apply to an ORD-SFO itinerary.

Not so. I called the Prem Ex desk and explained my situation. The kind lady on the phone simply cancelled the CVG-ORD and ORD-CVG legs and said "that's it. Just show up for flight 149 at O'Hare and they'll let you on."

Against all fare rules and the agreement I accepted when I purchased the ticket, but she did it anyway. Outstanding service to meet a real-life problem of a loyal UA flyer. That's what it should be all about.

Mike
Old Mar 1, 2001, 1:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
well done UA and Mike
Old Mar 3, 2001, 11:00 am

angels are out there! I had a agent give me 4 500 mile paper certs because"the eupgs are more popular". thanks angel!
Old Mar 3, 2001, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Great to see posts about the positive experiences during travel too.

Yes, we need to communicate what is wrong to avoid similar problems, or get problems corrected, etc., but thanks for the reminder that we can 'catch people doing something right' too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.