Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-upgrades [B]Summary[/B] ??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2001, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Plat MM, *G;Global Entry; Hertz, Budget; Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
E-upgrades [B]Summary[/B] ??

Whys is the E-upgrades account on united.com called E-upgrades summary when there is no summary atall and I have to enter start- and end-dates to see anything (=everything)?
I thinkthere should be a summary of upgrades in the account right in the MP summary..

Apart from that, my EUs from the 17000 miles flown more than 3 weeks ago still haven't posted :-(
Old Jan 31, 2001, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are right, IMHO.

And even more, I think they should just put everything (Mileage Plus Account Activity and E-Certs) on the same page.
Old Feb 1, 2001, 5:05 am

The other really dumb thing is that the form won't accept a future date, but they often prefill the dates using the date where the server is, and not the local date where I am.

For example, if I check the summary at 10PM my time, the prefilled date will be the next day local time, and hitting enter yields a popup error box because the form is validating the date. I have to remember to manually back the date off. That's a PITA and a pretty dumb thing to do.

They should just remove the date check from the html form and do any validation at the server, which they have to do anyway.

-David
Old Feb 1, 2001, 5:18 am
Commander Catcop

I agree with my BIG BRUDDAR PremEx.

At least on my computer, if I move from the account summary field to the e-upgrade summary field, sometimes I have to LOG IN AGAIN.

At least what they could do is put a line at the top that you can click to automatically go to your e-upgrade summary.

It's frustrating.
Old Feb 1, 2001, 1:10 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
The whole E-Upgrade interface is just horrible.

If I start by clicking "Request upgrade" on United's home page, I'm taken to a "Member login" screen. I enter my information, and get: Sorry, your request can not be processed at this time. We are unable to accurately determine the status of your upgrade request. So I have to go back, sign in with ITN first, then transfer over to ua2go. I complained about this months ago, and it still hasn't been fixed.

ua2go gives me a "Select itinerary" screen. The list of itineraries isn't sorted by date, destination, or even record locator. The "Destination" column shows the first connecting point, not the final destination. Status always indicates N/A, whether or not I have requests pending.

Then, to upgrade an itinerary, I can't just check off the segments I want to upgrade. I have to go through each one, one at a time. Supposedly I can use either 500s or HK49s, but when I get to the point where I'm supposed to "Select upgrade type," only "500 mile" is offered as a choice. Then I have to go through yet another step to "Finalize" my request.

Finally, when I click "Log out," I'm taken to a page that says, "You have requested a page that requires you to log in."

"What incompetent did this?" --Richard P. Feynman (1918-1988)

[This message has been edited by EPS (edited 02-01-2001).]
Old Feb 15, 2001, 11:06 pm

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak
EPS accurately describes the incompetent programming of this part of ual.com and I'm bringing this thread back to the top to ask if others are getting frustrated with the creeping disfunction of the whole site.

Here's another example: NW is not available among the airlines you can select from the pull-down list on the create itinerary page! The long-defunct Reno Air is available as a selection, but not NW. This made it impossible for me to book a recent itinerary on ual.com: in an otherwise all-UA itinerary I wanted a nonstop NW flight on a leg that UA flies indirectly via ORD, and there is absolutely no way to coerce it into to offering NW flights. I ended up using itn.com .

I used the email web page to report this absurd programming error. I was required to indicate whether I was using a PC or MAC. Well, I use a Sun workstation, actually. And at other times I use SGI or Linux. I got a reply telling me to call customer service. I called and spoke to a person who clearly had no technical background whatsoever and was completely incapable of grasping that their web site might contain a programming error.

As a customer, I find UA's incompetent design and management of ual.com an impediment to doing business with them. As an engineer, I find it disturbing that UA apparently uses no software engineering disciplines or QA practices on their web site. Computer Science gurus note how the Web has promoted "the rise of the amateur programmer" and anticipate a world in which nothing works very well. That world has already arrived at ual.com .

[This message has been edited by someotherguy (edited 02-15-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.