FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-upgrades [B]Summary[/B] ??
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2001, 1:10 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
The whole E-Upgrade interface is just horrible.

If I start by clicking "Request upgrade" on United's home page, I'm taken to a "Member login" screen. I enter my information, and get: Sorry, your request can not be processed at this time. We are unable to accurately determine the status of your upgrade request. So I have to go back, sign in with ITN first, then transfer over to ua2go. I complained about this months ago, and it still hasn't been fixed.

ua2go gives me a "Select itinerary" screen. The list of itineraries isn't sorted by date, destination, or even record locator. The "Destination" column shows the first connecting point, not the final destination. Status always indicates N/A, whether or not I have requests pending.

Then, to upgrade an itinerary, I can't just check off the segments I want to upgrade. I have to go through each one, one at a time. Supposedly I can use either 500s or HK49s, but when I get to the point where I'm supposed to "Select upgrade type," only "500 mile" is offered as a choice. Then I have to go through yet another step to "Finalize" my request.

Finally, when I click "Log out," I'm taken to a page that says, "You have requested a page that requires you to log in."

"What incompetent did this?" --Richard P. Feynman (1918-1988)

[This message has been edited by EPS (edited 02-01-2001).]