Wiki Posts
Search

UA Buy Miles Offer extended

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 1999, 3:44 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

UA Buy Miles Offer extended

As I was doing some budget juggling and wondering where I was going to come up with some $$$ to treat myself to 10K miles though the UA buy miles offer, I see on the site..

OFFER EXTENDED to June 30, 2000!!!

YAHOO!!! I CAN WAIT!!!

(I was going to buy the miles as a birthday gift to me, but I can treat myself for another occassion... like "I'm going to London" celebration.)

(You pay 2.5 cents per mile... don't know if it's a good deal but it builds up the account if you need miles FAST!)

the link if anyone is interested is: http://www.ualmiles.com
Old Dec 24, 1999, 5:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
It's only a good deal if you:
1.) Use it to upgrade (preferably intl segments).
2.) Redeem business/first awards (again preferably intl segments).

There is a limit of 15,000 miles per calendar year at $418.13. Conceivably, you can buy 15,000 in 1999 and 10,000 in 2000 for a domestic award but it will cost $696.88. It's a very bad deal for both domestic and international economy awards.

[This message has been edited by seawolf (edited 12-24-1999).]
Old Dec 24, 1999, 8:10 pm
Original Member

Exactly. I value miles at 5-25 cents, because I use them exclusively to upgrade internationally and to buy free first-class international tickets.
Old Dec 25, 1999, 2:24 am

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Me too. I use miles for 40K int'l upgrades & EU BC awards. Don't think I've ever redeemed a domestic award on United... well, at least not in the last 15 years. With all the tips I'm getting on FT, I'm accumulating mileage much faster than before, so now I'm able to consider redemption for EU FC awards. Can somebody convince me that this is a better value than the BC award?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.