Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Mile Delay Gift From United

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 1999, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Mine arrived today as well.

My delays were each Friday in March into ORD due to winds, weather, implementation of the new computers at ORD (and dual racetrack arrival patterns started then stopped by ATC).

Just a big Thanks to United for the gift.

Old Aug 13, 1999, 5:59 pm
jet

Programs: UA MM; DL SPG HH Gold
Hmmm. Well, my father and mother got theirs today (Million Miler and Premier, respectively), and they flew through ORD only twice in the last four months (albeit in First). My brother and sister (both Premiers) who were on the same flights that they were, have not gotten anything. And I (Premier Exec) haven't gotten anything either, even though I've flown through ORD many, many more times than they, in Coach or on upgrades, though. Hmmm... Still waiting...
Old Aug 13, 1999, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I got mine today, and haven't flown through ORD much recently, except the day the ATC disaster in the center there (the fire, smoke, evacuation, etc). Well, seeing as how it took me 35 hrs to get home from Paris (marginally because of the ATC problem), I have EARNED these 2500 mi.
Old Aug 13, 1999, 9:06 pm
Commander Catcop

Well I'm about to eat my words (actually eating Pepperoni right now)

But I got the letter apologizing with 2500 miles.

And on Friday the 13th (that black cat I petted must have brought me luck!!!)

MileKing: i would give U-A customer service a call and mention that you took a LOT of flights through ORD during this period. Maybe you'll get more miles because frankly you deserve it!

United lurker: please tell James thank you for the apology and the miles!
Old Aug 13, 1999, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Well, my UA 2500 mile apology letter arrived today. The fact that it counts towards elite requalification is a BIG deal. For the record, I'm a New York-based Premier (former Premier Exec.), and made a round-trip to ORD last month. Nothing was delayed significantly, but I had a doozy of a connection there last year involving 2.5 hours on the taxiway, followed by deplaning and overnight stay at ORD without compensation.

RichG
Old Aug 14, 1999, 12:20 am
pgupta011

I did not get the bonus either, but like MileKing I will wait a few days.

I don't think the 2500 miles will help me for elite status. I wish that they would throw in some segments too, since I usually have a better chance for qualifying on segments. Year to date I have about 45K miles and 53 segments. I will easily get to PE, but unlikely to get to 1K.

Old Aug 14, 1999, 12:31 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I received my 2,500 mile letter today. Good P.R. move by United.
Old Aug 14, 1999, 5:55 pm
Original Member

Just got mine!
Old Aug 15, 1999, 12:00 am

Got mine today also...best part is that since I'm not flying much on UA anymore, this 2,500 put me over for Premier. I'll lose my PE this year, so at least have Premier for early boarding if I fly them.
BTW, only had 1 flight through ORD, into ATW the first week of April with no delays. It is a good PR move on UA's part.
Old Aug 15, 1999, 12:49 am

Programs: AA(xPLT now GLD), UA, DL, HH(GLD), MR(GLD), HY(DIS), and others...
I am a Premier from Chicago and I recently received one of these form letters. Its nice to get, and the points are appreciated. But I'll make two points and try to keep it short, because I am still not very happy.

First, on June 11, I sat on the runway at ORD from 11pm until 1:30am waiting for a gate to deplane on a flight from Cincinnati which had already been delayed 6 hours because of the bad weather in Chicago. I wrote a scathing letter the next morning and faxed it to the customer service line that is posted on the website. I never heard anything from them in response to that letter or in recognition of that situation. I am now writing James Goodwin asking why they can't answer their mail or deplane their passengers in a reasonable time.

Second, the 2,500 points, unsolicited is nice. But I am also GOLD on AA. After a delay on a flight from ORD to SFO because of a problem with the hydraulics, which I can accept because safety is first, I received an unsolicited apology, with 5000 miles. That one really meant something to me. I was quite impressed.

Moral: Not sure, but I am quite disappointed that I haven't received any response to the specific situation I was upset about. There is no excuse for waiting 2 1/2 hours to DEPLANE! NONE!

Old Aug 15, 1999, 1:25 am

echoch, one of the reasons I moved from UA to DL was because of lack of response to e-mails, letters, & what seems to be a non-customer service attitude.
I have a situation with UA that I've been trying to get answers for since June. The last of 3 e-mails I got from them, dated July 1st, promised me a written response within 4 weeks. As of today, still nothing & I really don't expect a response.
Hope you have better results....
Old Aug 15, 1999, 9:39 am
In Memoriam

Echoch: Scathing letters often find their way into file 13. Try using honey; that catches bees and answers.

5,000 miles from AA: but are the miles good for elite status?

I was left at the gate, actually left at the gate, twice by AA when they were struck, but I didn't bother writing the worst CEO in the business then, one Robert Crandall. hy waste the time? Just vote with your feet - as I did; AAPlat became UAPremEx, quick as a cats wink. Do cats wink? If not, a gnats wink.

You wont hear anything from UA. Just forgive and get on with your happy life. And fly AA.

Cheers,

Old Aug 15, 1999, 1:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I received an unsolicited letter in June from James Goodwin apologizing for my being delayed on a specific flight to ORD. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I did not receive any miles but was still pleased that my delay was acknowledged.
Old Aug 15, 1999, 1:40 pm

My post on the 12th was too hasty. My letter showed up on the 13th. Lucky day.
Old Aug 15, 1999, 5:45 pm
jet

Programs: UA MM; DL SPG HH Gold
Well, lo and behold... got mine yesterday. Now I'll make 1K somewhere over the Atlantic instead of Virginia...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.