Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Follow American?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 1999, 11:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I was informed by a UA MP customer service rep. today that it is very likely UA will be issuing a press release sometime on Monday regarding expiring miles. The customer service reps. are not aware of what the change is going to be, so she couldn't provide any more information.
Old Aug 7, 1999, 1:15 pm
Original Member

Beckles mentioned:
>If you never expire mileage, you have to continue to carry that liability ... just imagine in 100 years if an airline never expired a mile ...

I don't think that the airlines need worry - if they keep their targeted award travel levels the same (say, 6% of all seats), it just means that you and I will have to fight harder for each seat. And they will also reduce that liability through award point inflation.
Old Aug 10, 1999, 12:28 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Has anyone heard anything new regarding United's decision to change their program to march American's???? What about Delta????

------------------
DtG
Old Aug 10, 1999, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
As of 10 am Eastern time on Tuesday, August 10th, there is nothing on the UAL site about it including their press release section.
Old Aug 10, 1999, 9:42 am
Original Member

Programs: One World
United eliminates expiration of miles:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/990810/il_united__1.html

Old Aug 10, 1999, 1:26 pm
Commander Catcop

There is this promotion on the U-A site.

I copied this link from the Yahoo article:

Information on mileage reinstatement and registration will be available on Thurs., Aug. 12, at http://offers.mileageplus.com/mpw049 or by calling 1-800-645-4502 (enter promotion code 49).

And I tried the link and it works!!!

Although I don't have any expired miles (They were LONG GONE with upgrades!) I signed up for it.
Old Aug 10, 1999, 11:11 pm
Original Member

Thanks United. But, why are always the follower and not the leader. When in comes to the frequent flier programs, United always plays catch up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.