Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Comp RCC to Premex/1K on Int'l Coach Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 1999, 9:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32

Any Premex and/or 1K travelers who do not have RCC memberships are now offered RCC admission when travelling internationally, even on a coach ticket.

I didn't know this. Evidentally this is a new rule as the RCC agent in Denver had to check as well.
Old Aug 7, 1999, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Really? I always thought that WAS the status quo.
Old Aug 7, 1999, 11:21 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
this started in late 1997 with new StarAlliance rules. Your StarAlliance Gold membership-card (PremEx, 1K) gives you access to all business-class lounges of the StarAlliance-partner you are flying that same day with an international (eco) ticket. The rules say, that Canada/US travels are not eligible for this (but this is seldom enforced).

European 1K's get the RCC membership free anyway !
Old Aug 7, 1999, 11:23 am
Original Member

Punki: give me 2-3 slow-dances that SEA-Saturday night, and I will whisper all open and hidden perks of PremEx/1K to you.
Old Aug 7, 1999, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Is that a perk in your pocket, or are you just happy to dance with me?" Watch out Joe. Those Swiss can be cleaver .......s. Known for plying unsuspecting women (and sometimes men!) with offers of chocolates, watches, bulky knives, airline upgrades and sometimes even...CHEESE!
Old Aug 7, 1999, 7:25 pm
Original Member

Punki: here is the actual wording of that lounge-access-rule (from the StarAlliance homepage):
As a member of United Premier Executive, you are more than welcome to the following lounges:

AIR CANADA Maple Leaf
SAS Business Class
AIR NEW ZEALAND International Lounge, Koru Club Lounge
THAI Royal Orchid Lounge, Royal Executive Class Lounge
NSETT AUSTRALIA Golden Wing
UNITED Red Carpet Club *
LUFTHANSA Frequent Traveller, Business
VARIG Business Class

Notes: Status cards and paid access cards are only to be accepted in combination with a same-day Alliance carrier's ticket (in any class of service) on outbound travel.
* Premier Executives have access to Red Carpet Clubs only when traveling internationally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.