Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Receive the NRT-SEA Bonus Yet?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 1999, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Anyone Receive the NRT-SEA Bonus Yet?

United had a promotion offering 5,000 bonus miles each way in Economy, or 10,000 bonus miles each way in First or Business on flights between SEA and NRT (or NRT and SEA). Offer required advance registration (#20, I believe) and was scheduled to run 5 Oct 98 - 31 Mar 99.

I had qualified for a bonus under this offer back in December, and when I didn't see the bonus miles posted I just figured they'd do it when the promotion ended. Well, it's been ended now for over a month, and I haven't seen any bonus yet.

Anyone else get the bonus posted yet?
Old May 8, 1999, 8:58 am
Original Member

My brother got 10,000 bonus miles each way for SEA-BKK (same flight). These were posted within a week of the flights in February.
Old May 11, 1999, 8:20 am

We got the Seattle-Narita bonus but I had to call and firmly insist since it wasn't posted automatically. We flew from another originating point to Bangkok, with the Sea-Nar nested in the middle. They tried to say that didn't count but the rules said if you take the flight, you get the bonus. I had changed from LAX-NAR to connecting in Seattle since it was free, to get the bonus.
I also had to call again to get the bonus for the retun flight. Again a long conversation, but in the end, the miles were awarded. We flew in late 98 and I called in Jan/Feb.
I can see why UA was promoting this routing. The Sea-Nar flight on a Tuesday was almost empty. There must have been 60 or more empty Business Class seats. We were in Coach-you'd think they's let 2 premiers upgrade somehow in that circumstance. I can't complain though we got comped a couple of times on that trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.