Wiki Posts
Search

OMNI: A SAD CAT/UA M-P M-P member

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 1999, 2:00 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

OMNI: A SAD CAT/UA M-P M-P member

This is the result of my quest for the United Billboard with the Cat sitting in the business Class seat.

Hi Mr. Blanchard. I contacted Mr. Froustice in our Advertising Department and as you can see it is not available to us. I am very
sorry. I would love to have been able to come through for you.
Kellie

_________
I checked with Doug Williams in our department and he said that the
posters are not available. Sorry

Cindi

SO I thanked Kellie for taking the time to try. I also wrote her saying if they ever become available to let me know.

And if anyone's thinking of a special gift for one of F-T's most popular members (HINT HINT) gets a hand on this poster it would make a great gift.

I'm not giving any hints, OK?

OK, THis post is very silly so if you want to flame me do it to my e-mail or I will show my claws!!!

------------------
CATMAN
Old Mar 11, 1999, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next time I'm in London, I shall cross the tube's high voltage tracks, stand on my girlfriends sholders (sorry Cheri, and watch out for that third rail), and personally pry one off the wall. If that's the only way to get one...so be it! And by the way...it's been real nice knowing all of you.
Old Mar 11, 1999, 4:25 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

DOn't you dare PremEx!!!

Cheri needs you! FlyerTalk needs you! I need the grand Pumpah for the Party in Paradise to keep me from getting in trouble!

And I would never want any of my friends to put their life on the line for me. I can go on the tracks and get the poster. The cats have a designated caregiver if the worst case cynerio (sp?) happens.

I can survive without the poster. But if U-A is reading this: I really really really think your airline is the very very best in the world, even better than BRitish Airways! Just remember that I'm the one who asked for the cat poster.

------------------
CATMAN

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 03-11-99).]
Old Mar 12, 1999, 6:40 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
If its still up, it should be eaiser than that to get: it was on the wall at the airport about 100 yards from the UA gates, right at arm-level, behind a chintsy piece of plastic...

I suggest donning a workshirt with a UA patch sewn on it so if anyone asks you what you are doing, tell 'em that you are taking the poster out for cleaning!

[This message has been edited by Matt Wald (edited 03-12-99).]
Old Mar 12, 1999, 11:00 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Catman,

Were you trying through the Chicago headquarters? Perhaps you could contact the UA office in London. They might know more about getting you a print of that ad.

[This message has been edited by MileageAddict (edited 03-12-99).]
Old Mar 13, 1999, 11:54 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

That's a great idea MIleage Addict, thank you.

I feel very stupid that I could not think of these ideas myself, but thank you my F-T friends for answering my requests without bashing me! You are the best!

If I get the poster I will post it as a bulletin!

------------------
CATMAN
Old Mar 14, 1999, 6:28 pm
Original Member

I have a poster of a hungry Shark eating seats. Will that do?
Old Mar 14, 1999, 8:26 pm
Original Member

That is very true, Mileage Addict. When I lived in London, I contacted there marketing department requesting some of their publicity posters. They were extremely efficient and I received them in less than a week. Contact their office in Hounslow - nr. Heathrow airport. Perhaps the London and ORD offices have different policies?
Old Mar 15, 1999, 1:24 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your help. It will be nice to get a poster but it's not the end of th eworld if I don't (althogh I may have to replace my cat scratched sofa with airport lounge seats!

Personally I'd like that big comfy leather sofa in the Red Carpet Lounge that people sit in and go off to earn Frequent Sleeping miles!

JAWS OLD BUDDY: What a nice offer but I don't think Fish will go with my Feline decor. You should put that in your den since you are of the nice Shark variety!

------------------
CATMAN
Old Mar 16, 1999, 1:04 am

Catman: I have sent you a list of the UA Management in the UK, I hope that helps.

------------------
Nick

Old Mar 16, 1999, 10:15 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Nick, this does help immensely! Thank you!!!

And when I get the poster I will send NJDavid a pix of it hanging above the couch with the cats it (Hopefully not ripping it to shreads!)

------------------
CATMAN
Old Mar 16, 1999, 11:15 am

Hey Catman,

It looks like we are all working on it. I really hope I can get it for you . The United office in Chile is already looking for it too .

SCLgal
Old Mar 17, 1999, 12:21 pm

I'm really sorry Catman, they don't have it here.
Old Mar 17, 1999, 2:07 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

SCLGirl...thank you for taking the time for checking.

If there's anything I can do in return, let me know!!!

Welcome to F-T and looking forward to your suggestions and contributions!

------------------
CATMAN
Old Mar 17, 1999, 8:12 pm
mjm
Original Member

Cat-meister,

Had dinner last night here in Shanghai with the UA Sales Manager. He is going to be giving it a shot from his station also. Will keep you posted.

Later,

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.