Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Praise for UA--emergency landing at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I am anxiously awaiting the thread: My UA flight at ORD was cancelled/delayed due to a 757 aircraft substitution.

Turns out, my flight today (UA251) is delayed 2+ hours due to a late turn.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:20 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
I can't believe nobody's asked whether Channel 9 was available on either aircraft yet.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:24 pm

Its great to hear that UA is capable of dealing with unexpected situations - after all that's one of the most important things that count on when we chose a carrier.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
I can't believe nobody's asked whether Channel 9 was available on either aircraft yet.
Channel nine on from BOS departure, but off immediately when the situation developed. I had dozed off in F section, awakened by FA's moving rapidly around the cabin to secure it for landing. We got down very fast.
Channel nine restored by our same captain on the second plane, to his credit.

Last edited by rockrich; Jul 17, 2008 at 4:52 pm
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:46 pm

Location: Near Chicago and Under the MDW and ORD Flight Paths, IL, USA
Programs: UA recovering Premier
Originally Posted by Lurker
I juts looked at this on flight aware. It seems a bit messed up with the route (as you might imagine for a divert) but look at the altitude of that flight onward to SFO. Wow did anyone's ears pop?
Must have been a 757 with winglets... they definitely aid performance.

Until I looked it up, I was thinking that the OP would need to have a notation on his UA records that indicated he was now qualified for astronaut wings, but 100,000 feet of altitude is a little short of that (it's actually around 264,000+ feet or 50 miles). Imagine: GS (Astronaut)
Old Jul 17, 2008, 7:49 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by rockrich
Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
Channel nine on from BOS departure, but off immediately when the situation developed. I had dozed off in F section, awakened by FA's moving rapidly around the cabin to secure it for landing. We got down very fast. Channel nine restored by our same captain on the second plane, to his credit.
kudos to the captain for turning it on on your "replacement flight" as that could have been a delicate situation. now on my "side trip to ord" that i mentioned above, ch9 was on the entire flight and it was "center, united 281, it appears we might have a slight problem with our pressurization system" that woke me up from my dozing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.