Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Questions about Arrivals Suite esp. ORD [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about Arrivals Suite esp. ORD [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
The arrivals area is connected to both the IFL and the RCC.
Only F passengers are entitled to use the IFL.
C passengers use the RCC
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver
From the words of .bomb itself:

"Start your day refreshed with United Arrivals SuiteSM. A retreat where international United First and full-fare United Business customers traveling on a same-day ticket and arriving before noon may enjoy a shower and continental breakfast."
Any chance for access to United arrivals suite for full C passengers on LH or NH metal / UA code shared flights?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by US @ DEN
Any chance for access to United arrivals suite for full C passengers on LH or NH metal / UA code shared flights?
No
Old Jul 8, 2008, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Ari
You must be traveling in first class or be traveling in C, D or XC space in business class. Z and NC space are not eligible an invitation.
I didn't know until a recent TPE->SFO that D is considered "full fare" (or at least eligible for Arrivals Suite), so I was pleasantly surprised at check-in... although I would have brought a change of clothes if I'd known! I usually buy Z for the transpacific routes.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
In June I returned from Europe on a UAL Z fare but received an OP-UP to first. After clearing customs and security for my continuing flight, I was admitted to the IFL and they offered me use of the arrivals showers. No invite and no full fare business class ticket. Maybe the OP-UP made this possible.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:17 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by nigos
In June I returned from Europe on a UAL Z fare but received an OP-UP to first. After clearing customs and security for my continuing flight, I was admitted to the IFL and they offered me use of the arrivals showers. No invite and no full fare business class ticket. Maybe the OP-UP made this possible.
It did, because it showed you flew in NF (I am assuming) or F - they (okay - most) really don't care how you got the upgrade. The agents usually have a list printed out already of who is entitled to use it (at least that has been my experience).
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
(okay - most)
Excellent clarification. Something tells me the agents at the SFO IFL would take much joy in getting to the bottom of it, and ultimately denying access.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:15 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Excellent clarification. Something tells me the agents at the SFO IFL would take much joy in getting to the bottom of it, and ultimately denying access.
When I was typing my original response, I omitted that but then I went back to edit and add it in remembering the story to which you refer.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA *G .64MM; AmEx Plat freebies (HH Gold, Marriott Gold)
Planning ahead March '09

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
It did, because it showed you flew in NF (I am assuming) or F - they (okay - most) really don't care how you got the upgrade. The agents usually have a list printed out already of who is entitled to use it (at least that has been my experience).
I'm going to MidEast in March '09 and planning to use the new IAD-DXB route. The return now is giving me DXB-ORD (through IAD with plane change)-SNA. If I use a SWU to bump into Biz Class from E+, will I be able to use ORD arrivals lounge? What fare class will my BP show? Does it make a difference that I will have to do the immigration & customs shuffle in IAD before heading to connecting plane thereby essentially becoming a domestic passenger instead of international?

LBsquared
Old Sep 7, 2008, 3:33 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I don't know who runs the arrival suite in SFO, but an arrivals invitation would never be valid for admission to the SFO IFL. I think the arrivals list is printed after the plane departs and will include all F pax (except non-rev).
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:04 pm
glg

Originally Posted by LBsquared
I'm going to MidEast in March '09 and planning to use the new IAD-DXB route. The return now is giving me DXB-ORD (through IAD with plane change)-SNA. If I use a SWU to bump into Biz Class from E+, will I be able to use ORD arrivals lounge? What fare class will my BP show? Does it make a difference that I will have to do the immigration & customs shuffle in IAD before heading to connecting plane thereby essentially becoming a domestic passenger instead of international?
I'm not sure on whether you'd have access at ORD if you were a C class passenger, but you definitely will not get access as NC (upgrading to C from E).
Old Sep 8, 2008, 6:37 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by LBsquared
If I use a SWU to bump into Biz Class from E+, will I be able to use ORD arrivals lounge?
NC is not allowed access, only XF,NF,XC and paid business.

In your case the rest is irrelevant.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 1:47 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by harry5198
Only F passengers are entitled to use the IFL.
C passengers use the RCC
When did they make this change?!? The "continental breakfast" included in Arrivals by United is served in the IFL, not the RCC.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
A little clarification, please.

In a couple of days, I am scheduled to fly United in international F from Bangkok to Tokyo to Chicago, connecting a few hours later to a UA domestic flight in domestic F.

The Tokyo flight is scheduled to arrive at ORD at 14:01. According the the United web site, the Arrivals Lounge at ORD closes at 14:00. I'll be about about an hour or so later than that by the time I make it through immigration, customs, security, and get to the lounge area.

I should be admitted to the international first class lounge due to having arrived on an international flight in first.

From what I am reading here, it sounds like I will be out of luck for a shower in the Arrivals Lounge area or the IFL since the Arrivals Lounge will be closed and the showers in the IFL are off limits after the Arrivals Lounge closes due to a lack of janitorial service.

Do I have all of that right?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
I think the hours have changed - I was able to use the arrivals facilities in the IFL on Saturday afternoon at around 4pm, after arriving from LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.