Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Questions about Arrivals Suite esp. ORD [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

I remember I have no problem to use the shower in the IFL in SFO and HKG. However, last thursday I was flying in F on UA829 ORD-HKG, agent said the showers are only for the arrival pax, I asked if I could paid a fee to use it, she said there is no fee inside the lounge, and told me I can go out of the security to use to shower at hilton (the gym at the CTA level) for a fee. Since I have plenty of time, I did so anyway, but it costs $6 (HHonors), non-member $11, just basic showers, nothing like the shower inside IFL....

Last edited by cblaisd; Jul 31, 2006 at 2:18 pm Reason: To prevent possible misunderstandings
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:49 am

I have used the ORD IFL showers when departing to Europe on two occasions without event.
Old May 5, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Is there any more recent information about showers in ORD?

I will be connecting from UA first to LH business in ORD. Will I be able to use the First International Lounge?

thanks!

Last edited by padregusmao; May 5, 2008 at 6:17 pm
Old May 5, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by padregusmao
Is there any more recent information about showers in ORD?

I will be connecting from UA first to LH business in ORD. Will I be able to use the First Internal Lounge?

thanks!
If you're talking about domestic "First", then no. So unless you're coming in from asia in UA F, you can't use the IFL.
Old May 5, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
i was able to use the shower, arriving from sao paulo and taking another flight to NRT/SIN last year.
Old May 5, 2008, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Last time I used IFL in ORD, I arrived from SMF and had a 3+ hour layover. I wanted to shower before departure to FRA, and I was told that I could shower in ORD or I could shower in FRA upon arrival.....but I could not shower twice!
Old May 5, 2008, 8:38 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by kevinsac
.... and I was told that I could shower in ORD or I could shower in FRA upon arrival.....but I could not shower twice!
I do not see how they could easily enforce that.
Old May 5, 2008, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I do not see how they could easily enforce that.
"sniff sniff....ok you stink you can shower. sniff sniff no you smell fine go to the RCC!"
Old May 6, 2008, 5:17 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Don't forget about the health club in the Hilton. If you're arriving internationally, you're going to be dumped outside of security anyway once you clear customs. The facilities are not as good as NRT, but if you're an HH member, it costs only $6 (I think $10 to anyone else) to get in, and you have use of the fitness facilities as well. They provide, locker, towels and some body lotion in the shower. Bring a pair of shower slippers if you can.

I used it yesterday, and anytime I have a chance traveling internationally.

Billy
Old May 6, 2008, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The rule is: no showers for departing FC passengers. Showers are part of Arrivals, not the IFL.

In the morning, I understand. Arriving passengers can be waiting for a shower and should have priority. In the afternoon though, Arrivals is closed. The only reason FC passengers can't use the showers is because United doesn't want to pay for janitorial services.

This is typically the kind of stuff that UAL will need to fix if they want to attract real FC business. If I'm on an upgrade, I can't complain much. If I paid through the nose for FC and was denied a shower (and offered to pay for the locker room at the Hilton) I'd be pissed.
Old May 6, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Pat+
This is typically the kind of stuff that UAL will need to fix if they want to attract real FC business. If I'm on an upgrade, I can't complain much. If I paid through the nose for FC and was denied a shower (and offered to pay for the locker room at the Hilton) I'd be pissed.
Without firing everyone from management on down, United will never understand this.
Old May 6, 2008, 3:12 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Axey
Without firing everyone from management on down, United will never understand this.
The "they don't get it" point seems to become more and more accurate with every day that goes by. They should add lipsitck to their livery.
Old May 6, 2008, 3:19 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Pat+
AA figured out a long time ago that J pax want showers too and put showers into the gateway Admiral's Clubs and F lounges.

UA., on the other hand, must have figured out that additional cost of adding showers into RCCs wasn't going to generate any additional revenue, so didn't bother- reminds me of the whole "cant put seatback AVOD on the international fleet" argument.
Old May 6, 2008, 3:24 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cstead
AA figured out a long time ago that J pax want showers too and put showers into the gateway Admiral's Clubs and F lounges.

UA., on the other hand, must have figured out that additional cost of adding showers into RCCs wasn't going to generate any additional revenue, so didn't bother- reminds me of the whole "cant put seatback AVOD on the international fleet" argument.
Apples and oranges. We are talking about UA not allowing F pax to use SHOWERS THAT ARE ALREADY THERE.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Questions about Arrivals Suite esp. ORD

A short while ago, I flew C (Z fare class) UA FRA-ORD on a LH itin (but I was flying this segment on a UA flight number.) I asked in the RCC about the arrivals lounge, and the matron informed me that a special invitation would have printed for me if I had access. Of course, I was going to arrive slightly after noon, so that could have been it, too. Anyway, I'm wondering if I would have had access based on my:
  1. Time of arrival
  2. Fare class
  3. Itinerary
  4. Lack of a continuing flight
Could I have used my inbound C BP to pass security in T1, or would I have needed this "invitation" the matron spoke of? Finally, how is the arrivals suite separated from the IFL at ORD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.