Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Gird your Loins It's Going to be a long Summer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gird your Loins It's Going to be a long Summer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by goalie
beyond not fair-IT SUCKS. i don't give a rat's a$$ if i get my drink on time or not or if my nutz are warm (well maybe a little )--this is just management finding another way to nickel and dime the front line staff to death. i challenge any of ua's senior management to work a flight (and not a milk run either-a full transcon or full inti'l one) and see exactly what is involved. shame on ua management and just curious if "walk talk/rumors*" have started........

*won't cross. never have and never will
Perhaps you missed the price of OIL? I think that might be the real issue? all costs have got to be cut.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by alliance
It doesn't see like it would be hard to just remove the last row of seats on Ted. Almost every Ted flight I've been on had more than 6 open seats.
reduce E+ and add seats?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by goalie
and it also lines the pockets of the senior execs with performance incentives as does outsourcing where it shows that "expenses are down" due to the "savings in labor costs". in other words, "our bottom line for expenses decreased by the numerous cost saving measures we have implemented". translation: we saved money at the expense of cutting jobs here and sending them overseas where the salary expense over there is much cheaper than it is over here. but this is an omni topic. . it just pi$$es me off where it's always the front line staff who get "catch of the day" ("schrod" for those not from new england ) but sadly that is the real world.....
Originally Posted by Liz
Yes, let's aim for the bottom! AA's got something with only 4 f/a's on a 757. Why didn't UA think of it sooner?

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but I don't get the attitude here.

The 5th f/a is a huge resource. On a lighter flight, they enhance F service and pick up trash in Y. On a full flight, they make the service flow work in Y, then one person is freed up to get up to F to help with the rest of the service. I don't care if AA has done this for 100 years, it's still not right.

I am SACRIFICING the ability to serve the pax in Y efficiently.
I agree with both points of thought. The service issues that are created by losing one FA/plane can be felt since airlines are slashing capacity swiftly and planes are flying fuller.

The fact that management doesn't seem to be taking any pay cuts doesn't help their cause, either. They ask their front-line people to take the brunt of it but when the going gets tough, who loses out?

I've worked in CS for many years, it's tough at times but it can be pretty cool a lot of the time. Luckily, I've been with employers who make good-faith efforts to ensure the work environment is a positive environment and staffed appropriately. Some people who work in CS get so jaded (not UA specific) that they do not realize that most of their customers are trying to make a living like they are, or going to see their family for a few days, or just trying to get their cell phones activated, or book a hotel room for a last minute trip. Instead, they paint everyone with a negative "idiot" attitude.

I've seen this a real lot. Like I said, it's hard at times but having good management helps a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.