Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AQ Files for Ch11 Again...Effects on UA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
AQ Files for Ch11 Again...Effects on UA?

The Ch11 is being discussed in the HI airlines forum here:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...82#post9441582

Just in from the Honolulu advertiser here:
http://honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...ING03/80320067

Given UA having some ownership in the company and the codeshare/inter-island relationship, what do you think will happen? This is probably not a great time to be a bankrupt airline, with credit tough and inter-island competition fierce. Will UA pull out? Or take this as an opportunity to even further beef up its stake and its role?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Well if they shut down service altogether I'd say there'd be a problem.

I doubt UA will pour more money into AQ though...they have a presence in hawaii so its not like they depend on AQ.

Would this be considered cross posting though since its already over in the HI Airlines forum?
Old Mar 21, 2008, 2:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Not as long as this thread stays specific to the effects on UA of the filing...let's just say I'm glad I decided to go to LHR in May instead of flying AQ to OGG...though I am sad I am going to miss the DO fun in HNL on the 16-17th
Old Mar 22, 2008, 1:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
It appears that AQ wants to be bought by someone...or so goes the reports today down here in Hawaii
Old Mar 22, 2008, 2:27 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Let the discussion and all the issues surrounding it continue in the HI Forum where the link is provided.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.