Wiki Posts
Search

Extra miles deducted when up faring??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2008, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, BA
Extra miles deducted when up faring??

I want to get a heads up on this before I go back to UAL on this.
Here's what happened....

I purchased a B fare which included 2 legs.
I upgraded with 15K miles to C.
The 1 leg cleared OK, but the other was waitlisted. At the RCC AFTER the 1st leg, I checked and C was going to be full with GS/1K, so I asked about upfaring to C, which as it happened wasn't much more. That would at least guarantee me a C seat.

Now, I also asked if the 15K miles (I used earlier) would possibly get me into F. I was told Yes!

Now, when I look, an EXTRA 15K miles have been taken, so in all I've "paid" 30K miles, when I think it should have only been 15K.

Am I right?
Surely it would be the same if I booked 1 leg on a B fare and 1 leg on a C fare and used 15K miles (that would then book me into C and F respectively right??)
Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:07 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
If you were paying 15K to upgrade from B->NC, I presume that you are flying TATL from the UK to North/Central America? If so, note that an upgrade C->NF is 30K, not 15K. See the mileage upgrade award chart at united.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.