Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA's automated refund line hangs up on you after 25 minutes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA's automated refund line hangs up on you after 25 minutes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:52 am

complain to DOT.

I second the advice to file a DOT complaint. United refunds is a hopeless black hole. If you complain to the DOT, it will be forwarded to United, and someone in HQ will be forced to respond. If your 4 vouchers are each for different people, you are most likely to get United to notice if you file 4 separate DOT complaints, one for each passenger. Here is the link for DOT complaints

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm
Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by oswaldjacoby
I second the advice to file a DOT complaint. United refunds is a hopeless black hole. If you complain to the DOT, it will be forwarded to United, and someone in HQ will be forced to respond. If your 4 vouchers are each for different people, you are most likely to get United to notice if you file 4 separate DOT complaints, one for each passenger. Here is the link for DOT complaints

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/escomplaint/es.cfm
I had a problem with a refund from 11/2007. Filed a complaint with DOT on March 3rd, got a letter in the mail apologizing dated March 10th, and the refund voucher the next day. Not a bad turnaround.

I did appreciate United finally fixing the problem, since the refunds line sucks.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Exclamation The UA FT mantra...

Sheesh! I had to change a Y fare last week due to MX problem with 1st leg of trip that was going to cause disconnect with 2nd leg, and yesterday found a $100 change fee charged to credit card. Called Customer Service number, selected a not-quite-applicable choice, and ended up being told to call the Refunds Number, 888-551-6881. Got to ICC for refunds. Gave info and was told a supervisor would look into it and call me back 24-48 hours. ICC supervisor called today and said they could only give me a voucher!!! I repeated - Y fare, mechanical - nope, only a voucher, unless I wanted to call the Refunds Department, 888-551-6881 (which is how I got to him in the first place)

So, repeating the FT mantra, I did...got through in under 5 minutes, and this ICC guy IMMEDIATELY put me on hold to process the refund!

UA - consistently inconsistent.

What's even more disturbing...the credit card charged was one in my MP record, but NOT the one used to purchase the ticket originally - it had been purchased by a client for my use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.