Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What if I don't consider the schedule change "minor"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What if I don't consider the schedule change "minor"?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
OP: I suspect 25 minutes in what is likely a 25-hour flight day is unlikely to get much sympathy from UA no matter how many times you call, unless there is a concrete reason.

One particular concrete reason I used to use when I lived in BOS was that I expected to take the T home, and it closed at a certain hour. I explained to the airline that I would be happy to accommodate their schedule change if they would be willing to provide a cab voucher to get me home. That worked every time.

(Un)fortunately, I suspect even your slightly delayed flight will arrive early evening, not the midnight witching hour that impacts T availability.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40

Maybe in East Jibit, TX, or Seattle, WA. But where I am, and the OP is, 25 min could mean the difference of an HOUR+++ in traffic some days.
Totall true...but you ALWAYS have to build some time in for delays...weather...etc.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold
OP: I see your pain a bit on this one. UA has extended an already loooong travel day another 25 min. My thinking is that it never hurts to ask....and then ask again if you don't get an answer you like. As a 1k you may run into a sympathetic ear. I suggest the HNL call center later in the evening. Good luck, as it appears from the experience and thinking of others on this board, you are going to need a lot of luck....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.