Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Fleet Updgrade Report: Hard and Soft Product

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fleet Updgrade Report: Hard and Soft Product

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by ptpinit
If you're talking int'l Y on UA vs. SQ/NH/CX, then the extra pitch becomes an issue for me.
I agree. Life is all about trade offs. Of the two options:

1. Keep the E+ pitch, but no IFE upgrade
2. Get IFE upgrade in Intl Coach, but lose E+ pitch

I will take #1 every time. For me, it is all about leg room. Tilman is correct in saying the more and more people will bring their own IFE.

The only thing that concerns me, as has been said before, is power plugs in Y.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
United, further and further behind!
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by blueman2
I agree. Life is all about trade offs. Of the two options:

1. Keep the E+ pitch, but no IFE upgrade
2. Get IFE upgrade in Intl Coach, but lose E+ pitch

I will take #1 every time. For me, it is all about leg room. Tilman is correct in saying the more and more people will bring their own IFE.

The only thing that concerns me, as has been said before, is power plugs in Y.
Agreed on choosing #1. I flew NH NRT-SIN in Y last year after taking a bump off the UA flight. I liked the video on demand, the condition of the newish 767-300 and friendly flight crew, but HATED the seat pitch (I had a window seat). It was a very long seven-hour flight. I would not fly NH Y transpacific over UA, even with an aisle seat.

I'll bring my own music/video player if I'm in Y, and in-seat power would make even the longest flight tolerable if I have somewhere to put my legs.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by Kurt
Agreed on choosing #1. I flew NH NRT-SIN in Y last year after taking a bump off the UA flight. I liked the video on demand, the condition of the newish 767-300 and friendly flight crew, but HATED the seat pitch (I had a window seat). It was a very long seven-hour flight. I would not fly NH Y transpacific over UA, even with an aisle seat.

I'll bring my own music/video player if I'm in Y, and in-seat power would make even the longest flight tolerable if I have somewhere to put my legs.
Maybe you would like to know that NH 763 has 34" pitch. The 77W that flies transatlantic has 31" pitch. I flew SIN-NRT-LAX-NRT-SIN on UA in Feb in Y+, and flew NH SIN-NRT-LAX-NRT-SIN in May. The difference in pitch can be felt even when changing from the 763 to 77W. Also, I think NH AVOD has limited content.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by dfs24
Maybe you would like to know that NH 763 has 34" pitch. The 77W that flies transatlantic has 31" pitch. I flew SIN-NRT-LAX-NRT-SIN on UA in Feb in Y+, and flew NH SIN-NRT-LAX-NRT-SIN in May. The difference in pitch can be felt even when changing from the 763 to 77W. Also, I think NH AVOD has limited content.
Maybe it was being in a window seat, but it did not feel like 34" to me! It was as tight as regular UA Y, not Economy Plus. But I did like the curvy 777-style overhead bins.

I hope UA also devotes some attention to the lavatories. Some of them (the Boeings especially, in particular 757s) are pretty shabby and gross lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.