Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apple Store joins Mileage Plus Mall

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
Originally Posted by Jet'Dillo
Wow, that's going to make it really hard to choose, esp. since I know a number of people who can get me developer or employee discounts.
Miles or 15-20% off?...decisions, decisions...
Employees are usually not eligible for promotion.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
OK, I had my earlier topic locked and was told to read this thread.

I don't want to seem rude, but my question was not addressed in this thread, hence the reason I posted the other topic in the first place:

I'm confused!

I've recently bought an ipod and read that you can get miles by downloading songs through iTunes.

I don't see how I can buy songs through the apple website via ua.com mall, and the only obvious way is through the iTunes programme, and then I don't see how there will be a link between ua.com mall and the iTunes programme to get the miles....

Can someone explain please?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by AdamUK
OK, I had my earlier topic locked and was told to read this thread.

I don't want to seem rude, but my question was not addressed in this thread, hence the reason I posted the other topic in the first place:
Adam,

Login into the MP mall. Click on the iTunes link; iTunes will start-up. Buy tunes like normal, and although there's no obvious link to UA visable the credit should appear after several weeks. It is a little weird, but it does work.

Craig
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Thanks Craig ^

Ok mystery solved... I didn't realise MP Mall had a separate link for iTunes... I thought it was all through the Apple Store

Last edited by AdamUK; Jan 15, 2008 at 4:33 pm
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:37 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Oh very interesting - i didn't realize that you could get miles for iTunes purchases! How do "mall miles" show up when i click on my mileage summary? just like any other transaction?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:57 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Under the Activity column it will say MP Mall - and then the name of wherever you shopped. Miles will be in the Miles Added column.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:39 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
Adam,

Login into the MP mall. Click on the iTunes link; iTunes will start-up. Buy tunes like normal, and although there's no obvious link to UA visable the credit should appear after several weeks. It is a little weird, but it does work.

Craig
I've never used the MP mall before but wanted to keep some miles for a friend from expiring. Do you have to register or do you only have to enter you MP number and then purchase whatever you want?

If you do have to register, does anyone know whether this program only applies to US MP accounts or can anyone use it and earn miles using the MP mall?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Only your MP number is needed, I believe.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 2:57 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
itunes sites outside the US or using a foreign cc on the US site

I'm having problems using the US itunes site with an overseas cc. I normally can get websites to accept my cc my playing with the billing address and making them look like a US address. However, itunes seems to be more sophisticated than most other sites.

I'm just concerned that if I buy something online from e.g. the Australian site that I will not receive MP miles because it's not charged in US$.

Has anyone used an itunes site from outside the US and received miles? Or any way to get the system to accept a foreign card? I have a Paypal account but that also has an Australian address...
Old Jul 14, 2008, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Has anyone used an itunes site from outside the US and received miles?
All the time.

Originally Posted by Sydfly
Or any way to get the system to accept a foreign card?
Never ever.

@:-) Of course, you can always buy iTunes US store vouchers on eBay (up to 50% discount) and use those vouchers for your purchases even w/o a US CC or DC.
And save a bundle.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: UA GS MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
This is great

I would have missed this completely - thanks for posting. Gives me a perfectly viable excuse to go shopping :-)

Froeken
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: United 1K/MM (since 2003), Marriott Platinum
Considering I just left my old iPod Nano on a flight last week, it may be time for me to upgrade. Thanks for the heads up on this everyone.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:10 am

I'm assuming that an iTunes purchase is an iTunes purchase... can anyone confirm that i'll get miles for my most recent app store purchases? I'll just wait and see and let you know!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
I'm assuming that an iTunes purchase is an iTunes purchase... can anyone confirm that i'll get miles for my most recent app store purchases? I'll just wait and see and let you know!
I got iTunes and Apple Store miles on AAdvantage, Mileage Plus and WorldPerks.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
I got iTunes and Apple Store miles on AAdvantage, Mileage Plus and WorldPerks.
I'm happy for that.. but that's not the iTunes App Store

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.