Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Graduation miles for dual BS degrees

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2007, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by entilzhaFT
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm expecting 10k when I graduate law school.
I received miles both for my undergrad degree and my Ph.D. There was a small hassle the second time around (somehow, the paperwork got lost) and I had to resubmit, but after that it was taken care of.

JV
Old Feb 25, 2007, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SportsTech
Does anyone have details on this program? I have one recent grad, and one about-to-be, and both have MP accounts.
The recent grad may not qualify, because I think you need to sign up for CollegePlus before you graduate. Make sure the other signs up for CollegePlus now.

Originally Posted by roadkit
This thread got me all excited about 10,000 "found" miles since I will graduate this summer with my second Masters - only to find out you have to be a "full-time" student. What about someone who works full-time and gets a degree?!!
make sure you're signed up for CollegePlus before you graduate and send in the final transcript...I think you might be okay.

Oh, and here's another confirmation that multiple degrees at different times are eligible for the bonus miles:
I received 10K bonus miles for my Bachelor's degree, promptly re-enrolled in CollegePlus, and received my second 10K bonus miles for my Master's degree.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:43 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I received 10K bonus miles for my Bachelor's degree, promptly re-enrolled in CollegePlus, and received my second 10K bonus miles for my Master's degree.
yes, this is what's supposed to be: 10K for each level of completed education. In your case, one bonus for undergraduate degree and another bonus for Master's.
Originally Posted by Julest
Does anyone know if an associates of arts degree qualifies?... . I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have her make an account and send in her diploma just incase.
I don't think associate degree counts. There were some detailed description in their original College Plus Program brochure. I recalled College Plus would also give you bonus miles (5K, maybe?) for doing community/volunteer work for certain number of hours (a couple of hundreds, maybe?) while in college, if the proof of completed work/hours from the agencies was sent. Not sure if they are still offering it. The current site (http://united.com/collegeplus) didn't do a good job describing the "program benefits."

BTW, they ask for the final transcript, not diploma.
Originally Posted by cpmed43
...Do you think they would give the bonus for an MD as well?
Of course! Sign yourself up now and don't miss out your "last" chance! I think MD is at the doctoral degree/Ph.D. level and surely qualify for 10K bonus miles!

Last edited by lin821; Feb 27, 2007 at 7:54 am
Old Feb 26, 2007, 7:14 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Phoenician Aviator
I mean this entirely in a nice way, but what good is having two degrees considering the above?
Only bragging rights. If you continue on with higher education it looks like you worked really hard to complete the requirements of two degrees in the same time that most students complete one.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: DL
I've been waiting for these 10k miles for over four years. I'm excited to finally be able to take advantage of this offer after I graduate in May. Good work United for supporting students! ^

Originally Posted by lin821
I recalled College Plus would also give you bonus miles (5K, maybe?) for doing community/volunteer work for certain number of hours (a couple of hundreds, maybe?) while in college, if the proof of completed work/hours from the agencies was sent. Not sure if they are still offering it. The current site (http://united.com/collegeplus) didn't do a good job describing the "program benifits". !
The graduation bonus and the College Plus Visa card seem to be the only program benefit at this time. I remember the bonus miles for volunteer work as well, but that was taken off the website probably 2-3 years ago.

I think United could develop this program more. You have got to think that college is a great time to capture potential customers. Many college grads will be business travelers soon and provide a lot of future revenues. Unfortunately, US airlines think too much in the short term.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 12:20 pm

< BUMP >

Remind folks who are about to graduate College in the next few weeks to:
1) sign up for College Plus if you havn't already
2) Get your free 5000 miles from United once you send in your final transcripts
Old Apr 19, 2007, 12:53 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by dmitriy55
There should be a new FT bumper sticker: "I am sending my kids to college for the miles"
"I earned two college degrees and all I got was 10,000 lousy UA miles."
Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by mikensf74
Get your free 5000 miles from United once you send in your final transcripts
Actually, it's 10K miles, not 5K.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Go for it. I claimed the miles for my BA, and I intend to claim those again once I get my MA, my other MA, and my MBA.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I received two degrees (BA and BS) on different dates and I only received 10k miles.

However, I only send my transcript in after I receive my second degree though.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:24 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by roadkit
This thread got me all excited about 10,000 "found" miles since I will graduate this summer with my second Masters - only to find out you have to be a "full-time" student. What about someone who works full-time and gets a degree?!!
When I graduated, I sent a copy of my transcripts to UA and received a response back that I needed to be a FF with a "student" designation not a regular FF.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
When I graduated, I sent a copy of my transcripts to UA and received a response back that I needed to be a FF with a "student" designation not a regular FF.
That's BS.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 5:57 am

10K Graduation miles for EACH LEVEL of education, NOT each degree!

Originally Posted by shisochou
... I claimed the miles for my BA, and I intend to claim those again once I get my MA, my other MA, and my MBA.
Originally Posted by nov11
I received two degrees (BA and BS) on different dates and I only received 10k miles.

However, I only send my transcript in after I receive my second degree though.
You guys are getting it all wrong. It seems our graduates can't read too well with their higher education.

There's no double dippings, not like HHonors program, let alone triple dippings.

The terms is 10K graduation bonus miles for each level of completed education. Meaning:
1. 10K bonus miles for bachelor's degree. It could be BS, BA, BSW...
2. Another 10k bonus for master's degree, such as MA, MS, MEd, MBA...
3. Another 10K bonus for doctoral degree, such as Ph.D, PsyD, Ed.D,...

You can send in as many final transcripts as you like. You cand earn as many college degree as you wish, 1 BA+ 2 BS or whatever. They are still the same level of bachelor's degree. So only 10K bonus can be earned.

Same rule applies to graduate degrees. Even you earn your MA, MEd, MPA, MBA, 10K bonus is the max you will get for your master's level of education. It doesn't matter how many master's degrees you get. It doesn't matter how far apart (or close) you get your multiple master's degrees. They are still the same level of master's education. For professional degrees, such as J.D., MD, they should be comparable with graduate degrees, I think.

I have to admit that the improved .bomb does not give out as much details like it used to be. The former College Plus website/links were much more developed and informative. I still have the nice College Plus booklet they sent me when I first enrolled. That's how I confirm with the "10K graduation bonus with each level of completed education offer."

Now they dropped the Charity/Volunteer work participation for 5K bonus offer and stripped down the descriptions for the College Plus program. Bad move, UA!! You should try to give us poor students more support and incentives, so we would stay loyal to you!

Last edited by lin821; Apr 20, 2007 at 6:14 am
Old Apr 20, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
Darn it! I didn't know I could have gotten another 10k upon getting my MD too, I had already gotten 10k for my undergrad and figured that was it. I'm telling my brother, at least he'll be able to get the second 10k in 4 years.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 8:19 am

As long as it's within a year...

Originally Posted by ucsf_med
Darn it! I didn't know I could have gotten another 10k upon getting my MD too, I had already gotten 10k for my undergrad and figured that was it....
You can still get the graduation miles if you got your MD less than 12 months. They ask you to send your final transcript in within 12 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.