Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Some details regarding the new first class suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some details regarding the new first class suites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
Post Some details regarding the new first class suites

I just posted some details on the new UA first class suite on my blog a little while ago. The seat was debuted within UA earlier this week and will roll out in Q4 2007.

Highlights:
- 6 foot, 6 inch - long beds (no word on width.)
- 15.4" widescreen, video on demand
- 50 channels XM branded audio and "jukebox"
- 110V power and USB charging ports
- iPod dock
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Sounds promising. Thanks for the scoop!
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by cakobau
roll out in Q4 2007.
Is that a typo or is it really 07?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by SFO_Runner
Is that a typo or is it really 07?
Not a typo.

"The new United First Suite will make its debut
beginning in the fourth quarter of 2007 on
international, wide-body aircraft. "
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Only F suites? Any news on changes for C?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
"The new United First Suite will make its debut
beginning in the fourth quarter of 2007 on
international, wide-body aircraft. "
Debut in 2007Q4. When will the entire fleet be converted? Nevertheless, a move in the right direction. I look forward to the new accommodations.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
At least these seats sound like they are worth the update. I would really like to see UA get a move on this, considering they will likely take forever to get the cabins changed across the fleet.

It will be quite a unique experience to move a reading light and not have decomposed gunk from electrical tape permanently fused to my hand.^

Any news on whether or not these will be put in the 763?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sandiegofun
Any news on whether or not these will be put in the 763?
I would guess that they won't be installed in the 763 since the lie flat take up a lot of space. If they were to install them (without moving galleys or eliminating C seats), I would estimate that only 4 or 5 seats could be installed in the current F cabin.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:21 pm
Suspended

I wonder if they'll launch the new seats with soft-product improvements. In truth, I'd prefer they keep the current seats, spiff them up a bit, and improve the food/wine/service/presentation/soft product. That would be money better spent. The curret F suite is a good seat; they just need a touch up.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does "roll out" mean initial pictures? I thought it was supposed to be first quarter next year?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Does "roll out" mean initial pictures? I thought it was supposed to be first quarter next year?
LOL.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:25 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Thanks for the post ^

...The seat was debuted within UA earlier this week and will roll out in Q4 2007...
I hope this doesn't become a case of too little too late... The highlights listed primarily address the IFE aspect of the product, so we'll have to wait and see what other improvements may come out—really, a few pictures to get a sense of what the suite and space will be like...

...but start of rollout in Q4 2007 with who-knows-when completion?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
I wonder if they'll launch the new seats with soft-product improvements. In truth, I'd prefer they keep the current seats, spiff them up a bit, and improve the food/wine/service/presentation/soft product. That would be money better spent. The curret F suite is a good seat; they just need a touch up.
I agree. As many others pointed out, if UA replaced the footwells and upgraded the IFE in the process, the seat would be competitive enough...

...the soft product and ground services, though, are currently not worth being called International First Class. This is where UA needs to focus
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins

You are right: he announcement and pictures were to be in Q4 this year... (so UA still has about three weeks to make good on that) ...with rollout starting in Q1 next year.

At this rate, it may be another year and a half before we consistently start seeing the new product...
Old Dec 8, 2006, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Ditto. While I am not unhappy with LH's F seat, I think the UA First Suite is a bit better. But I fly LH F for the higher level of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.