Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Some details regarding the new first class suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some details regarding the new first class suites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2006, 6:03 pm

The biggest difference I can see with the new Suite is the new attractive champagne/gold color scheme that seems to compliment the ticket stub. The front unit is wide and there is a very large verticle storage compartment under the center unit armrest area. It looks a lot nicer than the current seats.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 6:13 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by tuolumne
The biggest difference I can see with the new Suite...
...did you say see?

Where? Did I miss a link somewhere?

Please share ^
Old Dec 9, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
The biggest difference I can see with the new Suite is the new attractive champagne/gold color scheme that seems to compliment the ticket stub. The front unit is wide and there is a very large verticle storage compartment under the center unit armrest area. It looks a lot nicer than the current seats.
Nice. We have color now. Just a little concerned about the ability to keep it from staining or dirty though. Champagne is quite a light color.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 6:53 pm

Unhappy

Thanks be to flyertalk, otherwise I would never learn whats going on at my company! Hopefully the powers that be will start giving us employees more information about the refurbishment, and more importantly, how we can fix these new electronic gizmos when they break inflight!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by flime2dc
Thanks be to flyertalk, otherwise I would never learn whats going on at my company! Hopefully the powers that be will start giving us employees more information about the refurbishment, and more importantly, how we can fix these new electronic gizmos when they break inflight!
I wonder why you haven't heard about it. Seems silly that you have to come here to find out that kind of stuff.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The details are on Skynet... including a picture, but unfortunately I don't think we can share.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
The details are on Skynet... including a picture, but unfortunately I don't think we can share.
Perhaps if it fell into the hands of a third party, who then shared said information....just a thought

Are you (or anyone) able to confirm the Q4 07 time line?? I would REALLY REALLY like to hear that is wrong.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 7:56 pm

Please don't divulge that information right now. When the time is right, the PR will be just fine.

Unless you want to hear everyone groaning and whining about it already...
Old Dec 9, 2006, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by globetrekker84
I wonder why you haven't heard about it. Seems silly that you have to come here to find out that kind of stuff.
Yes it does seem silly doesn't it, yet I haven't heard anything about the new seats since this past spring.

Unitedskies indicates that there is a picture on skynet (the employee intranet). While that is all and good, an email to my company account telling me that such information is now available would be in order. Most employees do not have the time at work to delve into the bowels of the intranet sight looking for newly posted information.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flime2dc
Yes it does seem silly doesn't it, yet I haven't heard anything about the new seats since this past spring.

Unitedskies indicates that there is a picture on skynet (the employee intranet). While that is all and good, an email to my company account telling me that such information is now available would be in order. Most employees do not have the time at work to delve into the bowels of the intranet sight looking for newly posted information.
You should get NewsReal e-mailed to you, no? It was part of NewsReal this week.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by ryan182
Perhaps if it fell into the hands of a third party, who then shared said information....just a thought

Are you (or anyone) able to confirm the Q4 07 time line?? I would REALLY REALLY like to hear that is wrong.
Q4 07 is what Newsreal says.

It also says details on new C will be shared "in the coming months"....
Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:03 am

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
...The front unit is wide and there is a very large verticle storage compartment under the center unit armrest area. It looks a lot nicer than the current seats.
Sounds like it provides greater personal space...

...could you tell us anything about the tray table?
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:32 am

You should get NewsReal e-mailed to you, no? It was part of NewsReal this week.
Nope, its not emailed to me. And I haven't been able to log into Skynet at home now for 3 days....
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Y pax don't deserve clean cabins and lavs?
They certainly do. However, if UA can't even assure clean cabins for premium pax, there is no hope for Y.

Regarding the lav trash bin, I was referring to a specific LAX-NRT flight where the F lax trash bins were filled to capacity - and this as boarding began. Quite obviously, the ground cleaning staff had overlooked this, as well as other trash in the cabin. If they looked at all.

There is no excuse for dirty cabins at the start of a flight. And, sadly, on UA it is far too common.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by globetrekker84
Has Panasonic even reached its 500 aircraft goal?

Anyways, back on topic.
1) I'm glad to see that UA aimed real high with their IFE monitor. Now their new F monitor is the same as SQ's C monitor (I know I know picky picky, but still...). I just hope they put some 1080i (or preferably 1080p for futureproofing) resolution on them.
2) Also, to those who've seen it and discussed it, does anyone know who's providing the IFE system? I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be Panasonic's eX2 (same as the new SQ system).

http://www.carltonbale.com/wp-conten...tion_chart.png

Have a look at this chart. 1080i/p is completly useless in the Suite. More important is the connection (DVI? VGA? Composite?), contrast ratio, response time and the type of screen itself (there are some technologies where the light that hits the screen is reflected and works as a background lightning, making the screen visible even in direct sunlight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.