Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ual.com change: merging of old and beta

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:25 pm
Suspended

If it can be believed, the new site is WORSE. I'm trying to book LGA-IAD-FRA-MAD. Of course, it refuses to give me UA flights over the water (only LH), so I put it in as a six segment multi-city. For the intra-EU segments (FRA-MAD-FRA), the only options the.bomb is offering take me over the Atlantic twice. So for LGA-MAD, the.bomb is suggesting I do (get ready):

LGA-IAD-FRA-FCO-PHL-MAD-PHL-FCO-FRA-IAD-LGA

United is so so sad...

Looks like CO is getting this C class purchase.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
If it can be believed, the new site is WORSE. I'm trying to book LGA-IAD-FRA-MAD. Of course, it refuses to give me UA flights over the water (only LH), so I put it in as a six segment multi-city. For the intra-EU segments (FRA-MAD-FRA), the only options the.bomb is offering take me over the Atlantic twice. So for LGA-MAD, the.bomb is suggesting I do (get ready):

LGA-IAD-FRA-FCO-PHL-MAD-PHL-FCO-FRA-IAD-LGA

United is so so sad...

Looks like CO is getting this C class purchase.
BAD BJ! What happened to no UA TATL? I thought you wanted LH across the ocean? I think UA is just custom tailoring its product around you. Afterall, it's all about YOU!
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
... and a bad thing is that I cannot copy&paste the Mileage Summary lines anymore direct to my flight tracker Excel sheet. *grrr*
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:35 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by heffa
... and a bad thing is that I cannot copy&paste the Mileage Summary lines anymore direct to my flight tracker Excel sheet. *grrr*
See the discussion and not so easy workaround at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...85#post6715481 and a few posts after it.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Unfortunately it is not, in some cases it gives more expensive costs, sometimes less than old.bomb.

And in one of my itineraries it is showing that Ted is flying 744s PHX-SFO. If only it were true....

I can't believe that they put this live. It is extremely bug ridden.
And you're the one who defended them and helped them and reminded me of that in a post.

I'm validated AGAIN (for the millionth time). United and their Web and IT staff are a bunch of asinine stupid idiotic retarded foolish incompetent morons.

And you were foolish to think that they were anything but that.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:44 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by CApreppie
And you're the one who defended them and helped them and reminded me of that in a post...
Yes, I did and I thought they would have enough sense to wait until most of the obvious, bad bugs were worked out of the SOB.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bring me back my old Award page which was bad. This one is worse.

At least the old one had improved to showing you five days of calendar availability.

This one supposedly shows you available awards seats on a month calendar, but doesn't highlight the days that there are actually seats for. It's basically back to calling or doing it day by day!

WORSE THAN BEFORE!!!!

PATHETIC MORONS.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I must say, I am REALLY unhappy that *A bookings are not that easy now. We are a the mercy of the new search engine. Here are some things I have found:

1) When trying to fly multi-segment, including LHR-MAN, the new site wants me to fly LGW-PHL-MAN on US rather than direct on BD. (BJ reported a similar bug).

2) SQ flights don't come up at all.

3) TP flights aren't coming up either.

4) etc.

In addition, upon building and pricing an itinerary, we can no longer manipulate the legs (deleting a segment).

How can we do *A upgrades to flights we pruchased on ual.com if ual.com won't sell us those flights?
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't even contact United.com through the Website anymore.

PATHETIC MORONS.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:15 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by CApreppie
You can't even contact United.com through the Website anymore.
I was rarely able to get any kind of sensible answer via email so I don't consider it a real big loss. You can always "contact united.com customer support at 1-800-589-5582, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week" and wait for 22 minutes like I just did and get a person that you can't understand and a noisy connection.

However they should have a web based way to contact them. I wonder if it was intentional that they deleted it, or just another bug. International phone calls can be expensive.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Nov 20, 2006 at 1:10 am
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:55 am

Programs: UA, AA
I don't like it how the new eTicket receipts are now multiple pages on most non-nonstop roundtrip itineraries...
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
SO yesterday I could access pages that require login...today I cannot. Same problem as last week - getting the "internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error after I try to login.

I've tried clearing cookies, deleting temporary files, etc. to no avail. I've verified that my computer can resolve travel.united.com and ua2go.com. Anyone else having trouble today?

This really sucks.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
word of caution on ual site

Perhaps this is a known problem. I logged onto the new site, booked a trip for three of us in Z class to Europe for mid winter but placed it on hold. REceived a confirming e-mail. I then made other ground arrangements, returned to the web site and paid for the tickets without noticing that the outbound flight was booked in Y rather than discounted Z business class. Upon receiving the confirming e-mail showing we were in economy for the over the water flight, I immediately called UAL but they said all they could do was place the reservation on a high priority for moving us into business - kind of like waiting for an upgrade to clear. I promptly canceled the reservation, requested a refund and have booked the flights on a different carrier for less money.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
It's worse than crap,what a week to roll these enhancements.
Indeed. What a great week to force customers to drive up phone traffic and ka-ching several more $15 100% profit booking fees in the process...
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by woodway
SO yesterday I could access pages that require login...today I cannot. Same problem as last week - getting the "internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error after I try to login.

I've tried clearing cookies, deleting temporary files, etc. to no avail. I've verified that my computer can resolve travel.united.com and ua2go.com. Anyone else having trouble today?

This really sucks.
I used to have that happen to me on the old site. It in fact required a REBOOT! I have no idea what kind of code they worked up that could mess things up enough to have to go that far but sure enough that was the case. Try that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.