FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   ual.com change: merging of old and beta (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/626692-ual-com-change-merging-old-beta.html)

zrs70 Nov 19, 2006 1:26 am

ual.com change: merging of old and beta

Has anyone noticed the new look to the ual.com home page? It's a bit different. And when you click on "my itineraries," it links to the beta version rather than the classic version.

Searching for itins also comes up with the new page now. Not too happy, as it is much harder to seach for specific *A flights. (SQ flights never seem to come up, and you can no longer specify a particular airline).

SFO_Runner Nov 19, 2006 1:29 am

Originally Posted by zrs70
Has anyone noticed the new look to the ual.com home page? It's a bit different. And when you click on "my itineraries," it links to the beta version rather than the classic version.

Flight queries take you to the former beta search results page: grid, flexible dates, etc.

Your MP summary reflects the new look and feel of the beta environment.

jef7 Nov 19, 2006 1:33 am

Is it time to say goodbye to the dot bomb?

fumitani Nov 19, 2006 1:40 am

two hours ago it was old bomb now it became new bomb. let's see how many gitches we can find on new bomb :D

Hiro32 Nov 19, 2006 1:49 am

I don't see one of my reservations at the beta my itinerary, and now I found out that I don't have access to the classic my itierary page.
but I spoke to united.com customer service, and he said they are updating united.com com right now, and it will be finish in a several days and I will be able to see all my reservations at the beta version my itinerary.
In the mean time I need to go to Mileage Plus -> E-Upgragdes -> Request Upgrades to see the classic my itinerary.

LAX-1K Nov 19, 2006 1:57 am

Great -- change the system just before a huge travel weekend when support people are on holiday. What were they thinking :confused:

Of course, I can forgive this transgression if my upgrade comes through both ways this weekend. :D

holtju2 Nov 19, 2006 2:06 am

All the same problems that they had on the first release:

For the record I cannot access my MP activity for most of the year:

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

An error has occurred, please try again later

My itinerary details

NA_admin.ibe_settings.power_search_options.service _class_display.

What's the point of releasing half baked "upgrade" that is probably as buggy as the old dot.bomb?

mrwunrfl Nov 19, 2006 3:00 am

My Itineraries and the Mileage summary query is working fine for me. I like the flex dates option on the search. I hope it is accurate.

gfowler-ord-1k Nov 19, 2006 3:19 am

Originally Posted by mrwunrfl
My Itineraries and the Mileage summary query is working fine for me. I like the flex dates option on the search. I hope it is accurate.

Unfortunately it is not, in some cases it gives more expensive costs, sometimes less than old.bomb.

And in one of my itineraries it is showing that Ted is flying 744s PHX-SFO. If only it were true....

I can't believe that they put this live. It is extremely bug ridden.

holtju2 Nov 19, 2006 3:33 am

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I can't believe that they put this live. It is extremely bug ridden.

It's truly unbelievable isn't it?

By the way I did receive a PM (after my post above) from a very low post FT member who claimed to be working for development of the new dot.bomb. They would like to replicate the problems that I have.

Unfortunately I do not want UA to be able to link my FT handle to my MP account in the light of the recent developments.

GRB051111 Nov 19, 2006 3:58 am

If anyone wants to print out a mileage summary from old united.com as a keepsake, this can still be done by accessing profile through non-US united website. For example:

http://www.unitedairlines.co.th
http://www.unitedairlines.co.jp

Both sites hasn't been updated yet as of 06:00EST today :D

AdamUK Nov 19, 2006 4:09 am

www.unitedairlines.co.uk is yet to be updated at 1109am GMT... Usually the international site updates come during the week following any major change to united.com.

dulcamara Nov 19, 2006 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Hiro32
I don't see one of my reservations at the beta my itinerary, and now I found out that I don't have access to the classic my itierary page.
but I spoke to united.com customer service, and he said they are updating united.com com right now, and it will be finish in a several days and I will be able to see all my reservations at the beta version my itinerary.
In the mean time I need to go to Mileage Plus -> E-Upgragdes -> Request Upgrades to see the classic my itinerary.

You are doing better than I. I could see USAir flights booked on ua.bomb from "view past trips" on the old version, not on the new one.

Does anyone know how to see the USAir flights you book with ua.bomb?

:mad:

gfowler-ord-1k Nov 19, 2006 4:20 am

Originally Posted by GRB051111
If anyone wants to print out a mileage summary from old united.com as a keepsake, this can still be done by accessing profile through non-US united website. ...

There are sneakpath links that will get you to the old USA united.bomb site. I do not want to put it on here in pubic as they may get taken away. If you want to know how and you are a regular UA poster, PM me.

ncorman Nov 19, 2006 7:24 am

I wanted to book a trip this morning, and went to the bomb and in both IE and Firefox it won't let me even search. I went ahead and booked on a different airline.