Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA EQM on US Code Share operated by Caribbean Sun?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA EQM on US Code Share operated by Caribbean Sun?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:32 pm
zac
Original Poster

Question UA EQM on US Code Share operated by Caribbean Sun?

Hi all. I am flying to DOM this fall for vacation. The last segment is SJU-DOM on Caribbean Sun. Even though this is a US Air flight number I assume I can't get UA miles. Does anyone know for sure one way or the other?

Normally I wouldn't worry about it but I will be about 500 miles short of 50k for the year. I can route one trip next week through IAD instead of ORD or DEN to makeup the miles but I would prefer not to do that if I don't have to.

Thank you,

Zachary
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: NorthSails | Starboard | ION
Hi zac and welcome to FT ^.

You have the situation right that you wouldn't get EQMs (or even miles, for that matter).

The general rule is that for codeshared flights, the flight operator (the metal you're flying) has to be a partner with the FFP to which you are crediting miles... alas, that is not the case here.

So a re-route to get your last 500 EQMs and ensure 1P would be in order
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
What WindFlyer says. Unless Caribbean Sun becomes a UA partner in the very near future, you will not get any miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.