Wiki Posts
Search

Amazing Service from UA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Amazing Service from UA

Ok, maybe this 2P (soon-to-be 1P) is just easily impressed, but nonetheless impressed I am, and here's the story.

A friend of mine is a NW (gold) flyer that will be moving to UA. I just crossed the 40K threshold for the elite choice reward, and am planning on gifting him 3P status, so at least he can have E+ until he makes 2P/1P on his own.

I found out that he will be doing his first UA trip this weekend--much sooner than the 3P will take effect, as I have yet to even receive the email from UA with which to nominate him.

So, I called the 2P M+ line. UA: The people who work this line are amazing. ^ I wish the regular reservations line could be staffed with people as service-oriented as those that work the 2P M+ are.

They told me that while they couldn't advance the 3P status, they could (and did) notate his M+ account, saying he could be given E+ for his trip this weekend, as he is a soon-to-be 3P. They then told me to call reservations, have them call M+ and verify that such a note exists on the account, and then to have them contact the seat desk to have him put in E+.

While I was pleased that the agent didn't say no, the cynic in me couldn't help but think "yeah, right".

But--lo and behold--it WORKED! I was floored when the reservations agent came back and said my friend had been seated in E+. ^ :-: ^

Needless to say, my friend is very impressed with UA--and so am I!

Thanks UA! ^ ^ ^
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Thanks for sharing this ^

We often complain but it's nice to realize that a lot of UAL employees go out of their way to satisfy customers and go the extra mile.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by boeingair
So, I called the 2P M+ line. UA: The people who work this line are amazing. ^ I wish the regular reservations line could be staffed with people as service-oriented as those that work the 2P M+ are.
Sounds like the 2P reservations agensts are WAYYYYY better than the 1K agents. Seriously.

As an AA EXP and UA 1K, I am always amazed how pitiful the UA agents are compared to AA's. I think it was your lucky day--you just got that rare person at UA who truly cares...
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:22 am

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by travelexpert
As an AA EXP and UA 1K, I am always amazed how pitiful the UA agents are compared to AA's. I think it was your lucky day--you just got that rare person at UA who truly cares...
Quit bringing us all down from our high.

Yay UA! Rah rah rah...

rar...

heh..
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:49 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by transpac-canuck
rar...
Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Sounds like the 2P reservations agensts are WAYYYYY better than the 1K agents. Seriously.

Well, in the part of my post you quoted, I was referring to the MileagePlus agents--not reservations agents. I actually called this line a number of times in the last couple days in regards to this issue, and my experiences were very consistent. ^
Old Sep 7, 2006, 4:24 am

Programs: WWMFD
Well, in the part of my post you quoted, I was referring to the MileagePlus agents--not reservations agents. I actually called this line a number of times in the last couple days in regards to this issue, and my experiences were very consistent. ^
Nice news, wherever the source. ^
Old Sep 7, 2006, 5:11 am

For the most part, I find United service leaves a lot to be desired but I have had a couple of really great experiences with the awards desk.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: UA-2P
There is definitely a difference in moving up from steerage to premiere. The MP people are usually really great. UA should realize that steerage class are all prospects for 2p and above, and thus the reservations agents need some training in customer service.

Not to mention training to speak understandable english.........
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vprp
For the most part, I find United service leaves a lot to be desired but I have had a couple of really great experiences with the awards desk.
Totally agree. IMO, the 1K Service Desk is terrible 90% of the time, and stellar 10% of the time. I wish it were more consistent.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Totally agree. IMO, the 1K Service Desk is terrible 90% of the time, and stellar 10% of the time. I wish it were more consistent.
The 1K line is [inappropriate word removed by the moderator, per the FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules], really.

I feel more appreciated when I call Cingular with a cell phone problem (where I'm one of several million instead of one of ~20,000).

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 7, 2006 at 11:44 am Reason: Profanity removed
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:58 am

They then told me to call reservations, have them call M+ and verify that such a note exists on the account, and then to have them contact the seat desk to have him put in E+.
That will be the flaw in the M+ agent's well intentioned plan. You will call reservations, in you know where, and will get either "I can't" or "I don't understand".
Old Sep 7, 2006, 9:08 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by UNITED959
The 1K line is horsesh*t, really.
At least the 1K line is usually answered on the first ring and features a native English speaker. ^
Old Sep 7, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: UA-2P
Are we to assume from the comments here that the 2p cust svc exceeds that of the 1k?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 9:51 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ameriken
Are we to assume from the comments here that the 2p cust svc exceeds that of the 1k?
If you believe that a sound conclusion can be drawn from a sample size of <15, then indeed, 2P Res > 1K Res.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.