Wiki Posts
Search

My account on audit, what???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA slvr, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I love this:

http://www.theearlyairway.com/TEAW_Online/About_Us.html

"I will put up my site, then I can go on Wikepedia and write an entry for my site, giving it instant credibility!"

If its on Wikepedia, it's got to be true!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by BDLORD
Saw a few Flyertalkers that haven't posted in a while
*highflyah*
maybe we need a where are they now?
Sorry to be off-topic here, but I was wondering the same. Over my 6 years on Flyertalk, I've seen 'em come, and I've seen 'em go. I'm sure a few must be in limbo somewhere.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by BDLORD
Saw a few Flyertalkers that haven't posted in a while
...maybe we need a where are they now?
FWIW, I tried opening such a thread, it was promptly closed, because "we don't talk about other posters".
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by grayland
Randomman:
Read all of the thread and the last chapter seems to be missing.

What was the outcome of the audit? What did they do?
The letter unfortunately never came from United.

However, I wrote my own letter to United and sent it via Certified mail. In the letter, I outlined that I was unable to book via the United website since I was locked out. I included $1500 in receipts on American since I had to book travel there. I explained that they were losing $500 to $1000 a week. Also expalined that everything was a misunderstanding.

The evening that they received my letter, I had access back into my account. No letter. No miles deducted. No explanation. No further acknowledgement.

IIRC.

Hope this helps.

randomman
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I think that this sounds as if the OP is selling upgrades? Is that the case or did I not understand the link properly? OP - how come we haven't heard back from you?

I would think that audits may be done if your account is showing differentials over usual patterns. I know that my credit card does this when I'm out of the country (must call them beforehand to let them know I'm travelling).

Were a lot of miles taken out/put into your account? Also, selling anything is against the rules.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, SPG LT Plat,
Originally Posted by ldsant
I think that this sounds as if the OP is selling upgrades? Is that the case or did I not understand the link properly? OP - how come we haven't heard back from you?
i think it's fairly obvious that the OP is selling upgrades. Quotes from his website:

"Do you have any special tips on using airline upgrade certificates bought through 'The Early Air Way,"

"Through the Time Verified Upgrades sold through this website are meant to be requested upon check-in...."

" 1) Call United anytime prior to your flight and say that you want to upgrade your seat with your Confirmed Region 1 Paper Upgrade Certificate."

I am glad UA has finally wise up to his business and notified "The Early Air Way" that he is no longer permitted to sell upgrades. It makes things more difficult for others to freely give upgrades to others without unnecessary scrutiny brought by overzealous gate agents.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by superEGO
Not to mention that it's one of those elusive chemicals that can be safely transported by comsuming it! I am always afraid of the passenger next to me somehow being loaded up with a belly full, ready to pop!
It's already led to at least one diversion and more than one arrest!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497334
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, SPG LT Plat,
Although I would like to know how he got his hand on so many CR1s (and maybe even SWUs) to sell.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:11 pm
SLC

Originally Posted by dcmike
I love this:

http://www.theearlyairway.com/TEAW_Online/About_Us.html

"I will put up my site, then I can go on Wikepedia and write an entry for my site, giving it instant credibility!"

If its on Wikepedia, it's got to be true!
It seems Wikipedia's deletion policy is working. The entry was deleted on June 8. See this page for the "debate".
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Both my MP account and Hunki's MP account were audited earlier this month due to inconsistencies in our NA upgrade deposits and their usage. I hate the deposit system as it gets things wrong as often as it gets them right, especially when one has confirmed an upgrade with a NA, and then has to change their flight due to weather, or whatever, or has to standby due to schedule changes at the last minute, all of which situations qualify for 500 mile upgrades.

The happy result of this intensive audit is that we both ended up with several more NA's than we had before the audit began. One of the redposited NA upgrades into Hunki's account expires 8/31/06. We can't use it, but it looks like we are going to be able to gift it to a very long-time FT friend who is flying a transcon on 8/29/06.

The trick is that, due to our respective flight schedules, Hunki has to sign over the cert to our friend at the airport FRA. We are wondering if they will even know in FRA what a NA upgrade is. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it will work out, or, alternatively, since the records are all in place, that they will able to correct it after the flight if they take an upgrade from our friend's account instead of Hunki's.

Sometimes audits are a very good thing. ^
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by unitedPSbusiness
The people on the phone can not help me at all. What is this about?
It's about UA busting your con up and zapping your miles. What do you think it's about?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Originally Posted by pinniped
It's about UA busting your con up and zapping your miles. What do you think it's about?
Yup.

Sorry, man, you're getting pinned for selling UA certs.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:29 pm

While it seems the OP's audit had a reason, I had an audit to my account and my wife's account about 6 months ago.

It was a bad feeling not knowing what was going on. Nobody would tell us a reason, we did not sell miles and really had not used the miles as we both recently moved the UA from AA, but we had enought not to want to just throw away!

It only took a few days and both accounts were opened up again, no e-mail, no letter, possibly just an internal audit. Better UA than the IRS I guess.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:16 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up UA says no to blatant misconduct

Originally Posted by unitedPSbusiness
So I try logging into my MP account on ual.com, and it just won't work. I call UAL and they tell me that my account is on audit and I will be receiving something in the mail within a few days (3 weeks ago, I never got anything).

The people on the phone can not help me at all. What is this about?

Thanks
What it is about?!?!

I think you know very well what it is about. Did you ever read the terms of the certificates you sold for $85. Did you miss the part where it said they are void if sold or bartered?

What will happen??

Now that they know who you are, they want to go through your account with a fine tooth comb and see what other misconduct (if any) you might have committed against United Airlines. After that, even if they find nothing else, they will likely (I hope they do) close your MP account and make you forfeit all of your miles under the terms of the program. (See the other linked thread for that part of the MP T&C.)
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by N334AA
Did you run the site you list as your homepage?

http://www.theearlyairway.com/TEAW_Online/Home.html
You know, I remember that site from a while ago! IIRC, the grammar has improved.

OP should be suspended from FT... can't think of a violation right now, but it just seems just.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.