FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

Loren Pechtel Aug 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by visorboy1974 (Post 10253020)
You wanna give parameters? I'm getting LAS-SFO-PVG as the ceapest route using the default dates on the homepage.

It's still doing it. Oct 28. It only shows if you search by flexible dates. The flight goes for $1240. Searching by schedule or price only offers more sensible flights but for $1302.

It's also offering LAS - ORD - PVG for $1270.

suranyi Aug 24, 2008 11:46 pm

Cannot change my seat on .bomb

I and my wife are currently sitting in E- on our one-flight, one-way itinerary. I am 2P, so we are eligible for E+. "My itineraries" shows plenty of open seats in E+. Yet every time I try to change our seats so that we are sitting in E+, it comes back "Seat selection successful", but the seats assignments are actually unchanged.

Actually, as a test, I tried to change our seats to other seats within E-, and the same thing happened: "Seat selection successful", but seat assignments were unchanged.

Does anybody know what could be going wrong?

Ed

motintan Aug 24, 2008 11:56 pm

Typical . bomb problem-- this happens to me sometimes. It usually cures itself in a few days, but the best way is just to call.

itsme Aug 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by suranyi (Post 10254913)
I and my wife are currently sitting in E- on our one-flight, one-way itinerary. I am 2P, so we are eligible for E+. "My itineraries" shows plenty of open seats in E+. Yet every time I try to change our seats so that we are sitting in E+, it comes back "Seat selection successful", but the seats assignments are actually unchanged.

Actually, as a test, I tried to change our seats to other seats within E-, and the same thing happened: "Seat selection successful", but seat assignments were unchanged.

Ed

The .bomb is the .bomb. Why don't you just call and ask for the E+ seats that should be yours?

hellmutt Aug 25, 2008 12:31 am

Originally Posted by suranyi (Post 10254913)

Ed

The last (and only) time this happened to me... The reason I couldn't make the change was that I had been op-upped. I just didn't figure it out til I showed up at the airport. Good luck that this is what has happened to you!

gre Aug 25, 2008 6:15 am

Happened to me last week. The bomb actually took my F seats away and would not give them back. I got the "seat selection successful" message too, but when I went to my itin there was nothing there.

I finally got a seats (in and out) from an agent at check in (out).

mahasamatman Aug 25, 2008 6:45 am

As others have said, it just happens some times with no explanation. Calling and requesting the seat has always worked for me.

gre Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 10255630)
Calling and requesting the seat has always worked for me.

In my case posted above the surly (first time ever) 1K phone agent I got when I called said she did not know why my seat assignments would not hold. She then said that 1 of my flights was under airport control (some 4 days before the flight).

The bottonm line was that she couldn't/wouldn't do anything.

suranyi Aug 25, 2008 12:56 pm

I called, and the very nice agent said "no problem", and moved my seat assignments into E+.

But .bomb still shows my seat assignments as unchanged. Interestingly, the seats we were assigned by the agent, which previously were shown as available by .bomb, now show as taken.

But now I'm not sure what seats we really have.

Ed

Nebsterco Aug 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Sometimes .bomb gets unlinked from its backing system of record. Unfortunately, it does a poor job of detecting this and handling it from a UI perspective. I've seen this particular weirdness happen two or three times in the last month, alone. :(

Ben

itsme Aug 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by gre (Post 10256055)
...She then said that 1 of my flights was under airport control (some 4 days before the flight)...

Do seats ever go under airport control more than 24 hours in advance? Do they ever not go until only hours before the scheduled departure? Once seats do go under airport control, then there is nothing to be done about seat assignments until airport check-in?

ORDGuy79 Aug 29, 2008 5:39 am

United.com web redirect?

I went to log-on to united.com this morning and instead it is redirecting to a very rudimentary site: (http://ua.flightlookup.com/). It's a white screen with a United logo with some basic links (i.e. no OLCI). it almost looks like something that would be setup by a 9th-grade web class.

I've tried it both on Firefox and Safari - and get the same result. Has anyone else been getting this?

DogHead Aug 29, 2008 5:46 am

Same here, however UK site is working normally (whatever that means). ;)

CMHFlyerOH Aug 29, 2008 6:28 am

Same problem here. Talk about bad IT!

visorboy1974 Aug 29, 2008 6:49 am

Nothing wrong here. That's the site for mobile devices...are you getting this on your desktop/laptops?