FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

cesco.g Oct 3, 2008 11:15 am

Survey link down

MP summary page shows my latest flight (9/30) and invites me to the survey, but when I click on ualsurvey.com I get an error page.

flytofly Oct 5, 2008 1:27 am

Access to personal profile denied?

After I logged in, the screen shows

Hello flytofly,

***** miles
redeem miles
view my itineraries

We are unable to retrieve your profile information and cannot proceed with your request at this time. Please try again later.

Does anyone know why it happens ??

chuckd Oct 5, 2008 1:32 am

Originally Posted by flytofly (Post 10472391)

Because the website sucks.

cepheid Oct 5, 2008 2:44 am

Originally Posted by flytofly (Post 10472391)

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because united.com tends to perform system maintenance during the wee hours on Sundays... as do many other websites. I think you'll find that this is reported here pretty often, as well.

UnitedSkies Oct 5, 2008 6:44 am

Originally Posted by cepheid (Post 10472472)
If I had to guess, I'd say it's because united.com tends to perform system maintenance during the wee hours on Sundays... as do many other websites. I think you'll find that this is reported here pretty often, as well.

I think that's the most likely explanation, as well. :)

bmvaughn Oct 9, 2008 8:41 am

I had an issue recently where the website showed NF1 and my CR didn't clear. Called 1K desk, had them reverse it. They said call M+ to see why that would occur. M+ said call 1K desk.

So this morning I called the 1K desk and was informed that although the site may show NF1, that it's NF0 on their side. The agent also said that she's had a few calls of the same nature and that they received a memo this week stating that UA is aware of the mismatch in inventory and that they are working on a site fix.

bmvaughn Oct 9, 2008 8:48 am

I also see that Search by Schedule is now Search by Schedule & Price.

fadeforward Oct 9, 2008 10:28 am

OLCI Down?

When I try to OLCI, I'm getting the following announcement, even after logging out and logging in again:

EasyCheck-in: Unavailable

Check-in is experiencing problems at this time which are preventing you from using the system. Please try again later.

Maybe it's the equipment swap from the dom to int'l 777 on IAD-SFO tomorrow...

FlyingBear Oct 9, 2008 10:30 am

I'm having similar problems trying to book an award ticket? I can select the flight but it gives me an error thereafter.

Edit: Never mind.. something is wrong in booking UA924.. if I skip that it works fine.. how strange?

BonnieSEA Oct 10, 2008 8:35 am

New OLCI format; then unavailable

Originally Posted by fadeforward (Post 10493968)
When I try to OLCI, I'm getting the following announcement, even after logging out and logging in again:

I just had a new (to me) OLCI format: you had to input with a radio button whether you are an adult or a child.

Then I changed seats and looked at Award Accelerator info. When returned to OLCI, it said:

Check-in is experiencing problems at this time which are preventing you from using the system. Please try again later.

exerda Oct 18, 2008 7:38 pm

All day, I have been unable to check in online for tomorrow's itin; .bomb claims it can't find the e-ticket for the itinerary. So I call Res, and they say it's all fine, and transfer me to .bomb Web support--who claims it was due to a schedule change which wasn't reticketed correctly, and that it will take "four hours" to fix. Uh, it's been several hours more than that. :mad:

More calls to Res get "everything is fine--the schedule change was done correctly--it must be the airport hasn't opened up OLCI yet." (Yeah, right. :rolleyes:) And transfers to Web support yield a busy signal. :td:

ETA: After another call to Web support, I was told the problem was that I had a waitlisted upgrade, and thus couldn't check in online. :confused: The "helpful" ICC .bomb support agent claimed she could "cancel the upgrade request," and that would let me check in online. I had to tell her FOUR TIMES that no, I did NOT want to do that; she kept saying, "You can try the airport, but you will most likely lose your place on the waitlist if I remove the upgrade request."

I went back to .bomb a few minutes later, and was able to check in, no problem, and even got my DM card for the u/g request. WTH, .bomb?

TH-PDX Oct 19, 2008 1:50 am

Can't access mileage summary - .bomb problem?

I get an error message when trying to check my mileage summary and nothing comes up. Anybody else having this problem? (The link isn't even showing up in the "Hello" bar on the left where it's usually located.)

visorboy1974 Oct 19, 2008 1:56 am

Mileage Plus maintenance 2-6AM CT.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50900,00.html

skywalkerLAX Oct 19, 2008 2:40 am

Your account was deleted :p ;)

weero Oct 19, 2008 3:36 am

:eek:

The information given on united.com is accurate - the system really is down for maintenance ... that must be a first in the history the site :o.