FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

fnothaft Aug 29, 2008 6:50 am

Originally Posted by visorboy1974 (Post 10278737)
Nothing wrong here. That's the site for mobile devices...are you getting this on your desktop/laptops?

Same here, had no problems accessing on a Dell PC at work.

mahasamatman Aug 29, 2008 7:45 am

I get the same problem from my Mac at home. I'll have to check on my PC when I get to work.

fORD Aug 29, 2008 8:06 am

Dell PC here (Mozilla, if it matters) accessing internationally, no problems. Though, when I try to go to the site you've linked to, it opens a download window and displays nothing....

UnitedF1RST Aug 29, 2008 8:52 am

All good and normal here. PC using IE.

mahasamatman Aug 29, 2008 10:24 am

Looks like a problem with Mac access. It works fine from my PC at work.

PHLGovFlyer Aug 29, 2008 10:41 am

Strange... Its working fine on my Mac running either Firefox or Safari. I'm able to log in, see my itins, MP summary, book with miles, etc. :confused:

PTravel Aug 29, 2008 11:27 am

Works fine for me on my PC. I tried both united.com and ual.com and both went to the standard website.

goalie Aug 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 10279973)
Looks like a problem with Mac access. It works fine from my PC at work.

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post 10280064)
Strange... Its working fine on my Mac running either Firefox or Safari. I'm able to log in, see my itins, MP summary, book with miles, etc. :confused:

works fine for me on my mac with both safari and firefox as well. maybe PHLGovFlyer have "good macs" ;)

visorboy1974 Aug 29, 2008 1:23 pm

Update: It was fixed earlier this morning.

Apparently the strings for the user agents on Mac browsers and Treo wireless browsers are similar. The Mac string redirect was removed and should be 100% normal now.

dav3d Aug 29, 2008 1:26 pm

.bomb not working for me. Niether US nor UK.Tried a mac and a pc :(

UAAAPeter Aug 31, 2008 12:31 am

Dot Bomb - is it me??

I have booked hundreds of tickets on dot bomb but with the latest version I just can't seem to get it to work except in a mode that would suit a moron. You used to be able to put in a route segment by segment and get every single point to point (even connections) flight for each sector that day listed and then choose them. I am darned if I can figure out how to do this any more. And it insists on giving early morning departures even when I ask for evening. I used to like UA's site but it is driving me nuts tonight. Am I doing something wrong? :mad: Tks.

mauiUAflyer Aug 31, 2008 1:27 am

Not sure what your issue is, but I usually use "multicity" and "search by connection" (not by price). Of course, I haven't used it in a month. Except for an award ticket... worked fine...

dsquared37 Aug 31, 2008 1:41 am

I've been having similar problems. If a search is run in 'round trip' I often need to log out/in before being able to acces 'multi-city'. 6 segment, flight by flight, seem to work, but add a 7th and the system can't produce anything. There are some idiosyncrasies, but nothing more than in the past.

YoYoGodMom Aug 31, 2008 12:51 pm

I got redircted just now using wm6 + ie:(
the itineray doesn't have seat assignmrnt (can't check ug)
Wonder if there is any link can be used to by pass it

l etoile Aug 31, 2008 12:56 pm

Now that this problem appears to be fixed I'll merge the thread into the united.com complaints master thread.

l'etoile
UA moderator