FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

Karen2 Jan 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Only SPONSORED upgrades where 500 milers are not an option. I put in the confirmation code and last name, trying to give away an swu, and I get a diagnostic that the system is not working today.

1KChinito Jan 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by upgrader (Post 13276238)
As the OP on this particular point I am wondering why the "miles EMUH..." option never seems to work (I've been trying for over two weeks) while the SWU option, at least occasionally, does work in giving me flights and prices. In my case, the drop down menu DOES have the option I need, it's just that when I try to use it it always shows "not eligible..." as the response. Is this something that NEVER works with UA. bomb or am I just unlucky in not having it work the last two weeks. As I said earlier, the SWU option works fine but not the mileage upgrade option. Of course I could call and do it over the phone - I'm just trying to find out if the mileage upgrade option is something that NEVER works at UA.bomb so I won't waste any more time in the future trying to get it to work.

It could be the required minimum fare class. For SWU, lowest fare class is W for Region 2. Now, it can be almost any fare class plus co-pay.

1KChinito Jan 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Karen2 (Post 13276285)
Only SPONSORED upgrades where 500 milers are not an option. I put in the confirmation code and last name, trying to give away an swu, and I get a diagnostic that the system is not working today.

Call web support. They are quite good at it.

goalie Jan 28, 2010 6:28 pm

just went to look at my itineraries and got the following message

The system was unable to retrieve all of your itineraries. Please try again later.
data point: i only have 4 itineraries but guess how many were listed?

first one to say 4 wins a tootsie-pop ;)

the bomb marches on....:rolleyes:

jmd001 Jan 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 13277950)
just went to look at my itineraries and got the following message

data point: i only have 4 itineraries but guess how many were listed?

first one to say 4 wins a tootsie-pop ;)

the bomb marches on....:rolleyes:

Small world ... identical response to my doing the same query of .bomb ... :D

karenkay Jan 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito (Post 13275948)
If the drop down menu does not have the instrument you would like to use, just call web support. They are very good at it.

well, mostly. i did have an agent use a swu to upgrade a domestic itinerary when a cr1 was available (and i had expressly asked her to use a cr1).

luckily, i don't trust them for a minute, so before i got off the phone with her, i thanked her for processing the upgrade and then said 'just to confirm, what type of instrument did you use for the upgrade?'

'oh, yes, mrs kk, a systemwide upgrade.' :mad: :rolleyes:

we straightened it all out, but it took longer than it should have. it was ever thus.

goalie Jan 29, 2010 5:52 am

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 12955155)
yesterday
booked sfo-den-bos-lax-sfo (same day turn)
printed e-recpt (my sop)

today
upgrade with miles sfo-den-bos-lax (clears)
upgrade with e-500 lax-sfo (pending, as it should be)
view itin shows cleared u/g's but no pending status on lax-sfo (i.e. no reference to the u/g)
try to view my e-rcpt for printing and i get this:

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.
We are unable to locate an itinerary for your Mileage Plus account.

E - 1900 - 60233

i can view my other two itins and pull up my e-recpts but not the above e-rcpt

a possible workaround or it might have been fixed when these enhancements to the bomb were done over night......

on my other itins with the above red message, i noticed that my secure flight info which was previously accepted (green check mark) was now showing as not accepted (red checkmark). i entered (well, re-entered but i digress) my info, it took and voila-i was now able to pull up my previously unlocatable e-rcpts.

GimmeLegRoom Jan 29, 2010 11:05 am

I tried to do some expertflyer.com searches and got an error message. Tried a search directly on .bomb (looking for upgrade availability) and after watching it work for about two minutes eventually got "your session expired" message. Anyone else?

LAXOGG Jan 29, 2010 12:23 pm

As goalie mentions above, the web site is extremely buggy today. A whole bunch of problems.....probably related to the enhancements made last night. Tried to book some award travel in F and C to several different UA cities. (EG. ORD-LHR and LAX-HNL) and get the following message.

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We're sorry; United or United Express does not service the selected cities for award travel. You can either revise your entries or, if your reservation request includes one or more of the Star Alliance or Mileage Plus airline partners, you will need to contact United Reservations at 1-800-UNITED-1 (800-864-8331).

RS250Racer Jan 29, 2010 1:42 pm

I see that the website is working great again! Great job UA!!! :td: :rolleyes:

redburgundy Jan 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm getting text like this:
NA_ui.cmax.root.sidenav.links.miles
NA_ui.cmax.root.sidenav.links.my profile

and this:
ui.text.itinerary.flight.upgrade
when I look at my itineraries.

Pegasus23 Jan 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Trying to book a saver award in June..TUS-LIH.

Here is the reply in red:

We're sorry; United or United Express does not service the selected cities for award travel. You can either revise your entries or, if your reservation request includes one or more of the Star Alliance or Mileage Plus airline partners, you will need to contact United Reservations at 1-800-UNITED-1 (800-864-8331).

Still broken!

goalie Jan 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by RS250Racer (Post 13283398)
I see that the website is working great again! Great job UA!!! :td: :rolleyes:

yup still working.....;)

when logging to my mileage summary from the home page....

No, you did not make a mistake

We've redesigned our Web site. Unfortunately, the URL you requested is no longer valid.
Visit us at http://www.united.com to see our new site.
but when i either click the link, go the home page or simply re-draw the "mistake page" i am logged in :rolleyes:

rittenhousesq Jan 29, 2010 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 13284970)
yup still working.....;)

when logging to my mileage summary from the home page....

but when i either click the link, go the home page or simply re-draw the "mistake page" i am logged in :rolleyes:

I'm getting the same thing, plus I keep trying to reenter my secure flight data for an itinerary that that previously had a green check and the information will not take.

WineCountryUA Jan 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq (Post 13286274)
I'm getting the same thing, plus I keep trying to reenter my secure flight data for an itinerary that that previously had a green check and the information will not take.

Try again today on a previously frozen red checkmark and voila it work. Let's see if it stays green.