Community
Wiki Posts
Search

has anyone flown First in an RJ yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 8:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I have done ORD-AUS a few times and the FA's were really, really thoughtful and, for lack of a better word, unjaded.

First was clearly worth it even though I couldn't get 1A.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:04 am

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
Originally Posted by uibd
Look at that.. another FTer from MLI...
Yeah, about a year now. Moved here from the east coast. I am in and out of MLI every week.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:09 am
dawei

I did on the Emb from MSY to ORD (Chautauqua). Its a nice plane but the service is terrible (the FA on my flight went for the Southwest routine), and "for load issues" moved up a couple of chatty Kathys to the front so he could hit on them for the entire flight. It was kind of funny the way they would not stop gushing about sitting in "first class". I think he did get some phone numbers though.

They are making an effort though and its sure better then coach. Given that I used the 1,000 mile upgrade that came with the MP visa I didnt feel bad, but (and somewhat illogically I suppose) it would have bothered me had I used another instrument.

Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
CRJ upgrades

Well - it depends - if you have an empty plane and the emergency seats are open (more leg room) then it is just as good to get two seats to yourself back there as there is no real food in first. On the other hand if you have tons of upgrades and the plane is full and you feel like a beer I'd suggest seat 2A - a single very comfortable seat with a view and plenty of attention from the FA. I'd do it every time if I felt I would not run out of upgrades (which I never do). So yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.