Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2007, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by mayureshs
I am new to this forum, so pardon me if this question doesn't make sense and please redirect. I have a UA mileage plus card, as of now with no miles on it. I am traveling to India from USA via Lufthansa and United Airlines. Can I transfer my Lufthansa miles on United Airlines Mileage card ?
If you mean fly LH and credit the miles to UA, sure! You can't move already creditted miles from LH M&M to UA MP though.
Originally Posted by mayureshs
I received an email from UA to apply for their UA mileage plus VISA credit card to earn bonus miles, should I go ahead with the application?

Thank you in advance.
Lots of threads on the MP Visa, I suggest a search.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jarino
I had a LH flight in T class flight posting on 21FEB, it shows "T class" in the summary - how odd...
That IS odd. Was it a UA codeshare, maybe?

...or heaven forbid, a useful enchancement to .bomb?!
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by qasr
That IS odd. Was it a UA codeshare, maybe?

...or heaven forbid, a useful enchancement to .bomb?!
It was HAM-NCE, so definitely no connection to UA anywhere in sight.

It was a return flight where the outbound flight NCE-HAM was in october 06 in T class - however this flight was never credited.

Last edited by jarino; Mar 3, 2007 at 12:14 pm
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jarino
It was HAM-NCE, so definitely no connection to UA anywhere in sight.

It was a return flight where the outbound flight NCE-HAM was on 04OCT06 in T class - however this flight was never credited.
Bizarre, but hardly surprising.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:36 am

RDM/EQM earning on SK ARN-OSL flight?

I have an upcoming trip with UA and SK, and the SK segments ARN-OSL-ARN are listed in "My itineraries" on UA.com as earning "0 Award miles"...? It's a Y-class ticket.

Is this correct?

I thought it was only domestic flights within Sweden and within Norway that didn't earn miles?

If I do earn miles, will I earn the 248 actual flight miles or a minimum 500?

Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHflyer
I have an upcoming trip with UA and SK, and the SK segments ARN-OSL-ARN are listed in "My itineraries" on UA.com as earning "0 Award miles"...? It's a Y-class ticket.

Is this correct?

I thought it was only domestic flights within Sweden and within Norway that didn't earn miles?

If I do earn miles, will I earn the 248 actual flight miles or a minimum 500?

Thanks!
I'm guessing this is a .bomb issue, and not indicative of a non-mileage earning ticket.

Domestic flights within Norway are excluded, and some within Sweden are excluded, but I haven't seen anywhere that ex-ARN intl flights are excluded unless you are on SK's LCC, snowflake.

I think you'll earn miles... either way, make sure to return and report your findings! ^
Old Mar 16, 2007, 6:46 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Hello,

does anybody know, wether or not "O"-Class with Austrian is still posting? Had a flight FRA-VIE on Monday with AUA in O, and nothing is to see on my summary now.
Does my summary show, if a flight is not valid for mileage acruaral, or will I see nothing?

Thank you in advance

M.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moranguinho
does anybody know, wether or not "O"-Class with Austrian is still posting? Had a flight FRA-VIE on Monday with AUA in O, and nothing is to see on my summary now.
Does my summary show, if a flight is not valid for mileage acruaral, or will I see nothing?
If it was Monday, I'd give it a little more time. If it is not valid for mileage accrual, you will see nothing--no entry, no nothing.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:01 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
It has been reported here of an instance where miles were awarded on an SQ itinerary that contained both earning and non-earning booking classes... miles awarded on the sectors booked on an earning class, of course
Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got burned on an intra-canada flight again @ 50% on AC.

"Discounted flights within Canada—50% of actual, paid miles (or 125 miles minimum)"

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1180,00.html
Old Mar 26, 2007, 6:22 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
LH E class within Germany

Just flew BRE-FRA return in E class on LH and did not get any UA miles for it. The connecting flight in Q class on LH to VIE posted without any problem though. There might have been a problem with my f/f number because it was on two separate tickets, so I'll follow up with UA and report back. Hope that they haven't changed it yet...
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Just flew BRE-FRA return in E class on LH and did not get any UA miles for it. The connecting flight in Q class on LH to VIE posted without any problem though. There might have been a problem with my f/f number because it was on two separate tickets, so I'll follow up with UA and report back. Hope that they haven't changed it yet...
I just flew MUC-MAD E class 2 wks ago and they posted directly in 2 days after the flight. I had called LH to put in my MP number before the flight.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 3:19 am

I'm guessing this is a .bomb issue, and not indicative of a non-mileage earning ticket.

Domestic flights within Norway are excluded, and some within Sweden are excluded, but I haven't seen anywhere that ex-ARN intl flights are excluded unless you are on SK's LCC, snowflake.

I think you'll earn miles... either way, make sure to return and report your findings! ^
Indeed, it was a .bomb issue.

The SK flight ARN-OSL, Y class, earned me 500 EQM ^
Old Mar 30, 2007, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHflyer
Indeed, it was a .bomb issue.

The SK flight ARN-OSL, Y class, earned me 500 EQM ^
Thanks! ^
Old Apr 3, 2007, 6:52 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
Any updates on EQS earnings? I'll be flying SK a few times on 25%-earning fares, and was wondering if at least I'll get 1 EQS per segment, or just 0.25 EQS.
My guess is 1 EQS, but I have no way to verify that. Make sure to report back what posts!
I've flown my first segments on KF (Blue1) L class and got 25% miles but 100% EQS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.