Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:50 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Originally Posted by zac
I am looking at flying to SIN and then to BKI on Singapore through LAX in order to fly executive economy for the bulk of the trip. My question is related to the section of this thread that states if any portion of a SQ itinerary includes non-earning segments then the entire itinerary will not earn miles. The LAX-SIN segment would be under a fare-code that earns miles. No SilkAir flights earn miles period. Does this mean that it’s impossible to earn miles on SQ when connecting to SilkAir (unless I book two different itineraries)?
AFIAK, MI flights do not net you any miles on MP even though your itinerary includes SQ flights. You will only earn miles on SQ coded flights, operated by SQ or its *partners. MI isn't a partnet of *, or a regional partner.

So, the conclusion is that you still should be able to earn miles on the SQ flight, if it is not booked into G,V,Q,N or T classes. I believe the non stop flights to EWR and LAX will not book into these classes but do check
Old Nov 17, 2006, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by kaysquare
AFIAK, MI flights do not net you any miles on MP even though your itinerary includes SQ flights. You will only earn miles on SQ coded flights, operated by SQ or its *partners. MI isn't a partnet of *, or a regional partner.

So, the conclusion is that you still should be able to earn miles on the SQ flight, if it is not booked into G,V,Q,N or T classes. I believe the non stop flights to EWR and LAX will not book into these classes but do check
Correct.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:46 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AAAdvantage, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by qasr
Do you mean MAN-LHR-SYD? Maybe not, but all SQ legs in E will earn 100% RDM/EQM.

If you're flying MAN-LHR-SIN-SYD or something then your MAN-LHR will be on another carrier and you would be subject to those rules.

I'm flying MAN-SIN-SYD-SIN-LHR (it was cheaper that way....) it's all on SQ metal AFAIK, so sounds like I'll be banking me some miles......

cheers
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sludge82
I'm flying MAN-SIN-SYD-SIN-LHR (it was cheaper that way....) it's all on SQ metal AFAIK, so sounds like I'll be banking me some miles......

cheers
Yup! ^
Old Nov 17, 2006, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AAAdvantage, Delta Skymiles
thanks!

I still need to find about 1500 EQMS to make my 1p...... I'm working on it.....
so close, yet so far.....
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:22 am
yk

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, Marriott Silver
Reporting back on Austrian Flight

Originally Posted by yk
I recently bought r/t ticket LHR-VIE on Austrian for November. The booking code is O.

From UA's website , it looks like I'll get 100% EQM?
I'm back from my trip, and the first leg has been credited to my UA Mileage Plus account. Even though the fare class on the Austrian ticket says O (both ticket receipt and on boarding pass), on the UA account summary it comes up as M Class. The first leg received 100% EQM. The return leg should be the same.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yk
I'm back from my trip, and the first leg has been credited to my UA Mileage Plus account. Even though the fare class on the Austrian ticket says O (both ticket receipt and on boarding pass), on the UA account summary it comes up as M Class. The first leg received 100% EQM. The return leg should be the same.
Thanks for the info! ^

Updated the main post.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 9:06 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
As promised, here are the details of my latest NH SuperSeat experiences.

KIX-OKA in early December, I was on a fullfare superseat ticket while my wife was on a Y ticket and did a day of buy-up.

NH flight number on NH metal.

Mine: Booked in F (FNH), showed up as F in mileage summary, 50% COS bonus
Hers: Booked in Y (YLNH), showed up as F in mileage summary, 50% COS bonus

Some Asiana info:
We flew OKA-ICN and ICN-KIX, I was booked into C (2 class aircraft) and it reported as expected. She was booked in Y (Y2) and we asked about upgrading:

1) We were able to purchase a segment upgrade for ~90 dollars
1b) We were given a "free" upgrade on one segment, reason unknown.
2) On the boarding passes, my cabin was CC, hers was CY.
3) NOTHING showed up on her mileage plus statement... Not even as Y...
Old Dec 23, 2006, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Seems that BD 'Y' Class does provide 750 miles

Not sure if this is policy or error but I've been getting 750 miles for BD flights booked in Y class. Perhaps because full Y and C are essentially the same thing.

Apr 08, 2006 BD 100 Y Class AMS to LHR 750 0 0 750
Apr 08, 2006 BD 115 Y Class LHR to AMS 750 0 0 750
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:37 pm

Lufthansa (LH)

All LH Transatlantic earn 100% 1P/1K & 25% 2P RDM bonus.
I believe that I read at least once here that flights from Canada on LH are also receiving the bonus.

Recently flew YVR-FRA-CDG on a Z fare business class ticket; rec'd class of service bonus but no 100% bonus.

Called UA Prem/Ex line; agent said 'yes, you should have rec'd the bonus, ALL flights over the Atlantic qualify'. He then put me on hold, came back on the line and backtracked that he was wrong, only US originating flights qualify.

So, has anyone had any luck disputing this? I know that the UA site says US originating flights; I've had several UA staff use the phrase 'all flights over the Atlantic' in past.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 2:17 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Time to place a "Star Alliance membership ends Jan 31 2007" notation next to Varig, eh?
Old Jan 1, 2007, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO_Runner
Time to place a "Star Alliance membership ends Jan 31 2007" notation next to Varig, eh?
Good idea, done.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by exbayern
I have been battling with United and AC re a flight taken on AC in Q1 of this year. Outbound (A class fare) posted at 100% EQM for a Tango Plus fare, which is in agreement with the chart on page one of this thread.

Return never posted; after 6 months and endless phone calls and letters, with a final call to a UA executive office, miles on the return (L class fare - also Tango Plus) posted, but at 50% of the value.
To follow up on the (unexpected!) result - I received a call from United Executive Offices almost three months ago assuring me that I would receive full mileage credit. To date, these have not posted. Another follow up call to MP did not yield results (although the agent DID recall this case)

Today Customer Relations apologized for the issue, and 'while we cannot credit miles for flight segments to your account' they DID offer me 4,000 miles for the inconvenience.

Granted this flight was almost 9 months ago and it took 5 letters and at least 7 phone calls, but in the end United did try and make it right, and did credit me more than the original 'missing' miles.^

And as an FYI, a flight later in 2006 on AC in Tango Plus DID result in 100% mileage credit on MP.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1P
Asiana booking codes

I just spoke to OZ customer services in London, who were very helpful.

Apparently the G/N/V/W fares (i.e. those which you earn 0% or 70% miles) are quite hard to book!:

G = group fares
N = free tickets (!)
V/W = student fares

I don't know if you want to update the main page, but I couldn't find anywhere where these are described, and it may help!

The implication is that expedia et al. should always give you tickets in 100%-mile-earning classes. (No guarantees, though...)

Dave
Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daveh03
I just spoke to OZ customer services in London, who were very helpful.

Apparently the G/N/V/W fares (i.e. those which you earn 0% or 70% miles) are quite hard to book!:

G = group fares
N = free tickets (!)
V/W = student fares

I don't know if you want to update the main page, but I couldn't find anywhere where these are described, and it may help!

The implication is that expedia et al. should always give you tickets in 100%-mile-earning classes. (No guarantees, though...)

Dave
Updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.