Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

RCC Meetings - Post Your Availability Here [Archived Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCC Meetings - Post Your Availability Here [Archived Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:17 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
add me to the list of sponsors and then i'll ask a question

friday, sept 28:
sfo: 5am-5:30am
lax: 7:30am-8am

sunday, sept 30:
bos: 6am-7am
lax: 11:30am-12:30pm

now my question.....

goalie parents are sfo-fra in c on ua 900 on aug 17th. i'm not flying but can i bring them in? something tells me that only one guest is allowed but even if i can, will i be able to get a gate pass to do it or do i have to go the refundable ticket route?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Monday, July 23

BOS - 5:00pm to 6:00pm (looking for sponsor)

Friday, July 27

LAX - 8:00pm to 10:00pm (can sponsor)
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:07 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Tuesday, July 24 -- Looking for sponsor :)

Tuesday, July 24 -- Looking for sponsor

DEN ~ between 8:30 and 10:00 a.m.
SFO (domestic) ~ between 12:30 and 2:00 p.m.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by goalie
goalie parents are sfo-fra in c on ua 900 on aug 17th. i'm not flying but can i bring them in? something tells me that only one guest is allowed but even if i can, will i be able to get a gate pass to do it or do i have to go the refundable ticket route?
They should have club access with their C international ticket without being guested in. As far as getting through security, you can try calling the SFO RCC and telling them you're meeting someone for a quick work meeting during the person's connection and he won't have time to exit & clear security, so can they arrange the gate pass, etc. That is only valid if YOU are an RCC member (I've been met behind SFO security before by someone not flying thanks to a 'meeting' - at IAD, they refuse).
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
08/01 LAX IFL 6:00p - 10:00p
08/02 JFK SEN F 6:00p - 8:30p
08/03 FRA FCT 2:00p - 5:00p

Curious: I'm flying ps F on a red-eye from LAX. I know that I can access the IFL at SFO prior to flying to LAX but may I also bring a guest? Anyone want to join me to find out?

Last edited by work2fly; Jul 21, 2007 at 8:37 am
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
08/01 LAX IFL 6:00p - 10:00p
08/02 JFK SEN F 6:00p - 8:30p
08/03 FRA FCT 2:00p - 5:00p

Curious: I'm flying ps F on a red-eye from LAX. I know that I can access the IFL at SFO prior to flying to LAX but may I also bring a guest? Anyone want to join me to find out?
Looks like I am missing you by exactly a day at JFK and LAX.

I just checked the RCC admit profile, and while international F makes reference to bringing a guest, PS F doesn't. It may be worth a try anyway since you are on an international itinerary though.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by GoingAway
They should have club access with their C international ticket without being guested in. As far as getting through security, you can try calling the SFO RCC and telling them you're meeting someone for a quick work meeting during the person's connection and he won't have time to exit & clear security, so can they arrange the gate pass, etc. That is only valid if YOU are an RCC member (I've been met behind SFO security before by someone not flying thanks to a 'meeting' - at IAD, they refuse).
no, goalie-parents will not have access on their own with their xc tix as they are only 3p and not rcc members. (now, if the daarkside has a lounge in the sfo i/t, that's a different story as prior to seeing the light, goalie-dad was 2mm bis w/aa and is a lifetime admirals club member.........)

i am the rcc member so perhaps using your suggestion of calling the rcc and asking is a good idea but i'm gonna be straight up with them and ask i can bring my parents in as they are the ones flying.

also, to the calendar updaters, please don't forget to update with me as a sponsor for these dates:

friday, sept 28:
sfo: 5am-5:30am
lax: 7:30am-8am

sunday, sept 30:
bos: 6am-7am
lax: 11:30am-12:30pm
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
now my question.....

no, goalie-parents will not have access on their own with their xc tix as they are only 3p and not rcc members...

Same day UA or *A international C entitles one to RCC access.

and 2 drink chits a piece
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus

Exactly. Goalie, you're a good son but there is no need for your RCC membership this trip, they get in all on their own given their C tix. Hope they enjoy their trip.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Exactly. Goalie, you're a good son but there is no need for your RCC membership this trip, they get in all on their own given their C tix. Hope they enjoy their trip.
no, Sh!t!!!!!!! well, aren't i off to the penalty box <insert 10 minute miscounduct dope slap here> as i always thought it was *-g and int'l y/c/f to get you in.

now, given that it's int'l f or c regardless of status, with all of the horror stories i've heard about the fra rcc, how big of a problem do you think they will have in getting in there?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis President's Club
7/25 JFK 7:30-8:30am
7/30 SFO 9:00-10:00am
8/5 JFK 6:00-7:00am
8/9 LAX 9:00-11:00pm
8/19 JFK 7:00-8:00am
8/23 LAX 9:00-10:00pm
Can guest
Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

now, given that it's int'l f or c regardless of status, with all of the horror stories i've heard about the fra rcc, how big of a problem do you think they will have in getting in there?
I have NEVER heard of a UA international C passenger EVER getting denied to an RCC on departure.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:12 am

Looking for a sponsor at
ORD July 24 from 6:00 am till about noon.
Thanks.

Lorene
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
now, given that it's int'l f or c regardless of status, with all of the horror stories i've heard about the fra rcc, how big of a problem do you think they will have in getting in there?now, given that it's int'l f or c regardless of status, with all of the horror stories i've heard about the fra rcc, how big of a problem do you think they will have in getting in there?
I have NEVER heard of a UA international C passenger EVER getting denied to an RCC on departure.
thanks ^ and goalie-parents will be quite pleased about being able to use the rcc (and still a ? for the do-sorry to be holding out so long..... )
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA PA, *S (UA)
Looking for a sponsor to the Narita RCC (July 23 bet 1:00 p.m and 3:00 p.m. (Lost my 1P status and now only lowly premier associate.) Thanks if anyone can help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.