Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Scored a transatlantic upgrade with V class and 1000 mile cert

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scored a transatlantic upgrade with V class and 1000 mile cert

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2004, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Scored a transatlantic upgrade with V class and 1000 mile cert

I thought I would share my incredible luck. I dont want to disclose the location and the flight where it happened b/c I think the GA gets in trouble...

I was checking in with a GA for a short hop in the US and then going international afterwords. I had also my 1000 mile cert in hand from my UA MP CC which I just wanted to get banked electronically as this is more convenient.
Ok, I was waiting and maybe staring at my cert as I was bored during he checked me in. THen the GA asks me what I would have in hand?
I said it is just a 1000 mile cert blabla...
He said: No problem I will check if I can upgrade you...
I said: No thanks, I dont want to be upgraded for a 75 min flight, just credit it to my account.
He: Sir, I meant to upgrade you internationally. Let us see, hmm oh you have luck, here is your new C boarding card!

Of course, I was very grateful and thanked him a lot!
The flight had still Y seats (at least 10) and I was sure not to score an op upgrade. BTW even if I wanted to upgrade with miles, there would have been no chance as it was a VKXANE fare.
Sometimes all you need is luck.

Merry Xmas
s-tex :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.