Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What type of aircraft did you become a UA Million Miler on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle

I will officially become a UA MM tomorrow on UA 728, SFO - DEN when I am 132 miles out of DEN. I had always hoped that I would make MM status on a UA heavy that has an individual video system so that I could view the map and track it. However, I am on a 737 tomorrow with the only other option being a 757. That got me thinking what aircraft others have crossed into MM territory with. I suppose 737 is better than a CRJ or something smaller. At least I am getting a snack. I was hoping for a Fillet but will have to settle for a Deli Plate or XXX Salad. At least I will cross over into this plateau. ^
Old Dec 21, 2004, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That got me thinking what aircraft others have crossed into MM territory with.
Having occurred for me back in 1999, I honestly don't recall. I do know from:

Drum Roll, Please!

...that it was a flight from ORD to LAX, but I honestly can't recall what type of aircraft it was. It would take a whole afternoon and a large snowshovel to dig through the PremEx Archives to find the exact ticket or itinerary that might indicate it (or at least help me find out).

Probably should have framed it or something, but I didn't and just archived it away with all the others.

And early Congrats to you RobotDoctor! I know you've been looking forward to this moment for a long time!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 7:15 pm

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak
Mine was a 777 flying PEK-SFO. An XC/XI configuration was substituted for the expected XP and I lost my preassigned 17J. Fortunately, my upgrade came through (at the gate) -- it would have been a real downer if my MM flight had been the first international or long haul in more than three years where I'd failed to score an upgrade!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
Congratulations RobotDoctor, and welcome to the club! I too will be doing SFO-DEN tomorrow - but on UA 892 at 11:10am. Sorry I won't be on your flight to join in the celebration.

As for the aircraft that I made MM on - I have no recollection. When I made MM a few years ago, I didn't think anything of it. I just thought that everyone else was a MM too. Honestly.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Congratulations!!!!

RoboDoctor,

Congratulations!!!!

I have planned my MM flight to be on the 744 with my family next year.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:04 pm
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
744!

747-400, UA 800 NRT-JFK, in mid 2001.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd love for mine to be in 17A on 744, but since I'm just under half-way--something tells me my next best option will be 777. (That is, of course, if UA is still flying then...)
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:51 pm

Cool Guppy Shuttle

SFO-LAX 737-300 Aug 2001.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by supposable1
SFO-LAX 737-300 Aug 2001.
, a SH*TTLE.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 9:41 pm

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
I was thinking much like you. At least put me in a decent seat. I very nearly crossed the threshold on an express flight. But I rescheduled something so that I was able to be on a 737 breakfast flight AUS-DEN. From DEN I connected onward to ORD and FRA. Upgrades cleared all the way. It was a good trip, but no one would have even known about it had I not mentioned it in a low key way.

You've probably noticed other threads warning you to expect little awareness or celebration on the part of any crew.

You've got my hearty congratulations!!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Premier Platinum

I was very fortunate. On my million mile flight the agent double upgraded me to a First Suite on a 777, ORD-DEN. Not a long flight bus nice still.

PDX1K
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA EXP/MM
Ask me in a couple of months

I suppose that, like others who have posted on the topic of going over MM, I should plan when and where I do it. But frankly, based on what I read here about the low level of recognition for this milestone, I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Now if I could use it to get a FC upgrade on an international flight, THAT would be worth planning around!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I earned MM status on flight 852 from SFO to JFK (11:15AM->7:47PM) on June 18, 2002 flying on a 763 in seat 2A. On the 11:30AM return trip (flight 15) to SFO on June 21 I sat in seat 2F and I remember the FAs showing me the flight manifest indicating my newly acquired status, which is pretty much the only place the MM designation actually appears. I don’t remember very much else about the trip because in those days the JFK RCC would leave out a bottle each of gin, vodka and scotch for self serve before the bar tender showed up in the afternoon so I was already quite relaxed by then.

This trip was booked at the last minute and would have returned me to PDX on the evening of the 21st. I then planned to fly from PDX to LAX for an FT gathering the very next morning on a different itinerary booked two months prior. However, when we landed in SFO, my flight to PDX was significantly delayed and the agents in the Premium Transcon lounge kindly permitted me to forgo the last segment of my trip and fly to LAX one day early. They also permitted me to start this new trip from SFO instead of PDX, where I was supposed to originate. Of course, I later contacted UA to request credits for the two skipped segments.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I was hoping for a Fillet but will have to settle for a Deli Plate or XXX Salad.
You're covered next time you are in SEA.

Congrats! I just crossed the 200,000 lifetime mark, myself. Guess I get a bag of pretzels.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX-SYD, paid C upgraded to F-suite on the 747-400!. Great memorable flight!
Back in 1999 MM was still a fairly new pheonmena. As I mentioned to the agent at LAX about this special flight for me, she was very surprised at somebody doing 1 million BIS miles and thanked me sincerely for the business I gave to United.

Now fast approaching my 2nd million.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.