Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What type of aircraft did you become a UA Million Miler on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What type of aircraft did you become a UA Million Miler on?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
One million miles, all domestic, and averaging well into double-digit cents per mile flown revenue should get you the brass band and the VP of Finance rolling out the red carpet (to the Red Carpet Room) for you.

But I tend to think UGS for 2005 will suffice, so here's hoping! ^
I am ending the year at 38.8 cents per mile (including my segment padding trips). I would have been near 45 to 50 cents had I few direct. Now that I am MM I will. Therefore, I am good with your suggestion of 2005 UGS!
Old Dec 27, 2004, 2:25 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Mine was on a 777 from ORD to SFO. I was on a Y ticket upgraded to NC, but because of a mechanical I was rebooked onto this flight in C, not NC -- and therefore could upgrade to NF from C. A great way to pass that mark.

Congratulations, Robot Doctor!
Old Dec 27, 2004, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
I knew there was a reason not to throw out all these old MP statements. ual.com didn't used to have Actual Flown miles, so was very hard to know exactly which flight. There wasn't a red carpet, marching band, free drink or anything else that made me think "this must be the one".

Dont think its possible to work this out now - was over 2 yrs ago?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I used to not keep track of my posted mileage and trusted that each flight would post. I started to keep better track of them in 2000. After receiving the official printed transaction record from M+, I created a spreadsheet for my flight activity. Upon entering the data, I found several flights that appeared to me missing. I have been nearly 100% loyal to UA since 1994 as I am based in Denver. However, I found several flights where I fly out to a city on UA but never returned on UA, or did not have record flying out but did fly back home on UA. I can only recall a couple of times that I would have changed carriers and not returned on UA but I cannot recall a single instance of not flying out on UA but returning on UA. I suspect I am short 50K in BIS miles from where I actually am. However, since I did not manage my account I only have myself to blame. I am very diligent in my account that I have my spreadsheet updated to the mile, not one mile more, not one mile less.

Best of luck in future mileage accounting, wimpypipsqueak.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Do the FAs know from the passenger manifest how many lifetime miles a customer has flown, for instance they could see Passenger A has flown 345,745 lifetime miles, Passenger B has flown 7,456 miles, etc?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
Best of luck in future mileage accounting, wimpypipsqueak.
Thanks RobotDoctor,
I'm not sure I have your patience. I expect I have multiple segments missing and haven't really paid that much attention. Oh well.

I did see someone filling in a mileage spreadsheet when flying into DEN last time (not that I was looking).
Old Dec 27, 2004, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BeCarlson
Do the FAs know from the passenger manifest how many lifetime miles a customer has flown, for instance they could see Passenger A has flown 345,745 lifetime miles, Passenger B has flown 7,456 miles, etc?
The FAs have no idea of the passenger M+ information regarding miles. They only know what status level the passenger is. The FAs only know the mileage mark when the vain passenger (ME! ) tells them. Of course, I told the Purser whom I had flown several times with this year and our conversation migrated over to my million mile flight.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 2P

How do I view the passenger manifest? I have seen in previous posts people have been able to view it, but I don't know how. I am always curious how many premier passengers are onboard.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
How do I view the passenger manifest?
Being sneaky, helps. I tend to hang out in the First Class galley on narrowbodies (when flying First Class, of course) and often the FAs leave the paperwork lieing on the counter so you can sneak a quick look.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Being sneaky, helps. I tend to hang out in the First Class galley on narrowbodies (when flying First Class, of course) and often the FAs leave the paperwork lieing on the counter so you can sneak a quick look.
As usual, SEA_Tigger is 100% correct. ^

Old Dec 28, 2004, 2:26 am

How do I view the passenger manifest? I have seen in previous posts people have been able to view it, but I don't know how. I am always curious how many premier passengers are onboard.
I often try and sneak a look in the FC galley. But be warned, there are plenty high status passengers around, and you dont need to know how special you aren't
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I told the Purser whom I had flown several times with this year and our conversation migrated over to my million mile flight.
RobotDoctor - on my SFO-DEN flight on 12/22 - just before landing - the purser came by each MMer and personally thanked them. She said that there were 5 MM's in F and 2 MM's in Y on a filled to the gills 757. This was the first time ever that my MM status has been recognized other than during meal order taking. I thought that was a nice gesture.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Well, I passed one year from my first UA flight a couple weeks ago w/ 122k UA lifetime miles, so I've still got some years to go - but that won't stop me from speculating wildly.

I wonder if anybody ever passed 1MM on the old SJC-SFO bus
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:32 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Mine was an a 747 coming back from HKG. I was in F and mentioned that fact to the Purser. When I woke up, the crew had made a sign "Congrats on making 1 Million" and had hung it by 1L. They also gave me a bottle of champagne.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
They also gave me a bottle of champagne.
Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.