Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-WAS fares in Feb '05

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2004, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unhappy BOS-WAS fares in Feb '05

My fiancee and I are looking to visit DC from Boston for the weekend Feb. 19-21. There is one flight at 8:10 pm on Sat Feb. 19 that is reasonable (T fare - $136). Otherwise, the fares are mostly $250+ (to IAD with the exception of 1 early morning flight.. DCA on US or UA codeshare is higher). Any chance these fares will drop down a bit? My guess is that with spring breaks & Feb. vacations for schools up here, UA is trying to boost their revenue and/or the flights are mostly booked.

I guess the part that burns me up is the $136 fare I can get on about 20 different roundtrip combinations with FlyI at more reasonable times. I really don't want to go with them, but I just can't justify the extra cost for such a short flight.

Any advice?
Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Feb 19-21 is President's Day weekend. Lots of people want to fly during that time. That's most likely why the fare is so high...
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Originally Posted by Morrissey
Feb 19-21 is President's Day weekend. Lots of people want to fly during that time. That's most likely why the fare is so high...
Yup, all those President's wanting to fly on that weekend. Holdiay weekends will cost ya more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.